Where are all the N. Mich. Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

planecrazy29

Registered
Reaction score
I know your out there......
I'm looking for a dive buddy in the TC area. Specifically, I'd like to do a couple shore dives on 9-17, 18. Anyone up to it? Thanks.

-Aaron

Hey there........In fact I live in TC..........so yes there are a few of us up here.

I can't do the 17th as I have to work, but Sunday might work out. Where were you thinking about diving and what time?

If you want...PM me.....

-Chris

If you folks are looking for buddies i suggest going to one of the dive shops in town. Each one usually has a weekly nite dive and it's a great place to meet like minded dive buddies.

There is actually quite a few active divers here in TC. Some of us just get caught in the "work/honey-do/life happens" vise too much and unfortunately that cuts into diving. Looks like i'm gonna be dry until some time in October.

I run into the same situation all the time. I probably should just stop by one of the shops and check things out. Life just got in the way... :(

Rogaine:
I run into the same situation all the time. I probably should just stop by one of the shops and check things out. Life just got in the way... :(

I know that Scuba North has weekly dives on a rolling schedule. I have to contact them as well. GLS does not have weekly dives (and this is the shop I got certified through and bought all my equipment from). There is also a shop in cadillac that has weekly dives but usually goes farther away from TC.

Just called Scuba North -- Weekly night dives will continue through October. They are free if you have all your own gear and if you need to rent it's discounted. This week it will be at Elmwood Twp. Park on Thursday at 5:30. They are also still doing charters to local sites (Manitou, Charlevoix and Mackinaw) if they get enough people. It's $80 for 2 dives per person and they need 2 ppl. to sign up to go.

-Aaron

Just got off the phone with Scuba North myself and I'm going to be there......Hope to see you there. Tank rental is only going to be $4.

I was supposed to go on one of those Charters but got sick the week i was supposed to go...that sucked. I still want to go and am going to have to make time for that.

Rogaine:
Just got off the phone with Scuba North myself and I'm going to be there......Hope to see you there. Tank rental is only going to be $4.

I was supposed to go on one of those Charters but got sick the week i was supposed to go...that sucked. I still want to go and am going to have to make time for that.

My husband and I live in Houghton Lake. We went to ScubaNorth's weeknight dive once. Unfortunately, we went on an evening when they were diving at Lake Ann. Yuck. Not the best choice. Although the folks are really nice and we would like to try it again sometime. Last weekend we took the ScubaNorth charter to the Manitou Passage. It was a very beautiful day. Nice shallow dives, very relaxing. Before the end of the season, we are going to take the Charlevoix charter. I would love to get to know some local folks. I know there are alot of "dive clubs" down state. Wonder if there would be enough people in the north to create such a thing? Just musing.

Kathalinamarie:
Wonder if there would be enough people in the north to create such a thing? Just musing.

A great idea, that has been tried several times around here, by several different people/ instructors/ LDS's. They always seem to peter out after a short while. It takes a pretty dedicated effort to keep one going. So far, no one has remained so dedicated.

Back
Top Bottom