Where are the Leopard Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think they are still around; you just have to get there before the "other" divers scare them away.

Visibility has been good the last couple of days, here is one from Shark Point two days ago.

Many were seen that day.

Phuket Aquarium in Bangkok (a fish shop by JJ Market) always has a few Leopard sharks for sale, really sad to see them stuck in a small tank. God knows why they try sell them.

God knows why they try sell them.

I'm not God but I may know the answer to that question.

They sell them to make a profit.

If there is a demand for something there will always be people who try to sell it and make a profit.
It's human nature.
Money rules.

I have never met anyone who keeps or had a tank big enough for a leopard shark, in my six years I have breed coral for the Thai aquarium market. The sharks are purely for show, once they die they are replaced by new ones sent up from Phuket Aquarium in Phuket. There is no direct profit from these sharks.

There is no direct profit from these sharks.

Wrong.
There is for the people who catch and sell them.

As long as there are people who buy those sharks there will be people catching and selling them. That's where the main problem lies.

It's a business and they want to make a profit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom