Where can I buy leak detector for Canon S95 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edgpr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have searched but I haven't been able to find it. I currently have the canon housing. Does anyone know where i can get one? Tx.

I checked there and they don't have it for my camera/housing.

I always thought the bubble floating in the top of the housing was the indicator of a leak? If that does not work, when you return to shore and open the housing, if water pours out, that would generally indicate a leak I should think.

N

As Stated on Underwater Leak Detector Website "Please Contact Us if your camera/housing is not listed here, as we may have a design that is not kept in stock, but generally we can supply non-stock units within a few days of order, with no additional cost to you." and "CANON - All Compact & Ultra-Compact Camera Housings" Might want to send and email.

Nemrod's method also works.......once.

Jeff custom makes them as mentioned.

Im never diving without sanitary napkins in my housing again. Flooded 2 canons already. Their OEM housings are pathetic.

..snip..
Flooded 2 canons already. Their OEM housings are pathetic.

Anyone that buys a Canon housing needs to read this thread.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/canon-corner/315202-canon-housing-leaks-easy-diy-fix.html
I bought a Canon housing for my G12 and when I checked the mold lines, 2 of them had quite noticeable steps that would have certainly caused problems. Examining the o-ring contact area with a magnifying glass there was minimal contact area in the corner of the step. After sanding them down the seal was greatly improved.

As Stated on Underwater Leak Detector Website "Please Contact Us if your camera/housing is not listed here, as we may have a design that is not kept in stock, but generally we can supply non-stock units within a few days of order, with no additional cost to you." and "CANON - All Compact & Ultra-Compact Camera Housings" Might want to send and email.

Nemrod's method also works.......once.

Jeff custom makes them as mentioned.

Im never diving without sanitary napkins in my housing again. Flooded 2 canons already. Their OEM housings are pathetic.

I did send an email and they don't have it...Jeff said he doesn't make it for this particular housing.

I guess I'm out of luck.

Actually, they make the detector for the S95 / Ikelite Housing...I was thinking about changing my Canon housing for the Ikelite. Am I been too paranoid? Im a beginer to UW photography and I originally bought this set cause I wanted to get half decent pictures with the options on the S95, but I wasn't planing on adding anything to the housing. However I do feel very skeptical about leaking housings. I thought the UW leak detector was a good idea, but after finding out they don't make it for my canon housing, I've been thinking about replacing it. Is it worth it to pay an extra $150 for the Ikelite housing? Remember I won't be adding anything to it, if I do it, I'm only looking for a little extra safety. Let me know what you guys think. Tx.

I have always trusted Ikelite housings over any OEM housing. Granted, they are bulkier and cost more, but they are darn near bulletproof, and you generally get what you pay for. True, you can flood an Ikelite housing if you don't take proper care with it, but that goes for any housing, and I have never heard of an Ikelite flood that was not due to avoidable reasons. Also, Ikelite service and support is second to none, and they will gladly take back an older housing and for a small fee, they will go through it and replace seals, glands, and anything worn or salt pitted. They will even modify your case if requested (within limits, of course). I had them bend the trip release lever on mine to better accomodate my firing position, for example. Very nice folks to work with. (No, I don't work for Ikelite or hold stock in the company...but I wish I did.:D) Woody

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom