Where can I dive 5+ dives/day in Bunaken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hiloboy

Registered
Reaction score
In May, my wife and I are going to spent 6 days in Sulawesi ; 3 days at KBR and 3 days somewhere in Bunaken. Any advice on where I could stay in Bunaken and get in 5+ dives per day? Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Five dives a day may be possible on a liveaboard in North Sulawesi (Ocean Rover) but (as far as I know) not while diving day-dives with the local operators. The good news is that many local day-dive oprators will allow you to have loooong bottom times and that a fair bit of the diving is shallow. Maybe some operators will be able to accomodate you with 3 (long) day dives and a night dive for a little extra payment. Contact some Bunaken based operators per email and ask them for options and conditions. Most of those operators are really friendly and more than happy to accomodate their guests. All you have to do is ask.

hiloboy:
In May, my wife and I are going to spent 6 days in Sulawesi ; 3 days at KBR and 3 days somewhere in Bunaken. Any advice on where I could stay in Bunaken and get in 5+ dives per day? Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

hiloboy,

You can do 5 dives a day at MUREX. You can get in 3 boat dives a day and 2 shore dives (early morning & evening/night dives) on their house reef. The house reef falls into the muck diving category but there are some very interesting critters to be seen.

Rickg

hiloboy:
You could ask
M.C. Dive Bunaken

www.mcdivebunaken.com
Greetings
Scubahar

Froggies is on Bunaken. Both Ecodivers and Thalassa are Manado-side.

How many dives will depend, I think, on the quality of the house reef. lumbalumba probably have the best house reef - just sitting under the boat at their jetty can be pretty crazy if you're into critters and reef fish. The "house-reef" constitutes quite an area rather than a straight reef and hence encounters will include anything from Spanish dancers, orangutan crabs and ghost pipefish through to flatheads, octopus and batfish by the bucket load. And did I say mandarin fish?

Contact lumbalumba and ask them. They aim to provide a personalised service. Should be possible to do 5 including house reef, boat and night-dive.
www.lumbalumbadiving.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom