Where can I go in Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CherryO

Reaction score
Hi

I did my open water recently and now I have a round the world ticket. I can go somewhere in Asia and thought I can do my advanced course (PADI) there.

But I don't know where I can go that is not too expensive and hasn't been hit by the earthquake/tsunami.

Anybody done beginner's diving in Asia and can give me advice?

Thank you.

Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Bali... the list is endless. There is some great diving. You shouldn't rule out the areas affected by the tsunami, at least in Thailand. There is some great diving to be had and some really nice folks. If you're concerned, the Gulf of Thailand coast was not affected to any real degree from what I hear.

Dr. Bill

Hello!

You can always come to Malaysia. There are plenty of nice islands you can go to. I totally agreed with DrBill, don't leave out Thailand. Things are not like what you see on CNN or other medias. Don't let them stop you from experiencing the adventures of diving in Asia!

Happy Diving & Keep Those Bubbles Flowing!

Ed. :scubadive

Malaysia is my favourite place in Asia but of course it depends upon the season. You should do some googling and develop some ideas. Then we can help you more.

CherryO:
Hi

I did my open water recently and now I have a round the world ticket. I can go somewhere in Asia and thought I can do my advanced course (PADI) there.

But I don't know where I can go that is not too expensive and hasn't been hit by the earthquake/tsunami.

Anybody done beginner's diving in Asia and can give me advice?

Thank you.

who do you have to sleep with to get one of those tickets???? can you sign me up please????

about the diving though, asia definitely is a great place to dive... the whole region is like a reef waiting to be explored

i'll have to be biased though and say the philippines has anything and everything you can possibly want (except ice diving... we haven't finished working on the equipment for that locally hehehehe)

Jag

Thanks for everyone's advice.

I've been looking around and what I hear is that Thailand is cheap and not too bad for travellers on their own. Pattaya and Koh Samui came up as possible places.

But Malaysia and Phillipines sound very interesting.

I will keep looking.

C

Hi C

You could do lot worse than Thailand. You are right: the place is cheap and there are good places for travellers who go on their own.

If you are planning on going within the next few months, the monsoon season will be over on the Gulf/east side of Thailand and the visibility should be fairly good.

Good luck

If you want great diving at low prices, make sure you include the Philippines and Indonesia. Use www.airasia.com as you regional airlines when needed.
Malaysia is also great.

CherryO:
Thanks for everyone's advice.

I've been looking around and what I hear is that Thailand is cheap and not too bad for travellers on their own. Pattaya and Koh Samui came up as possible places.

But Malaysia and Phillipines sound very interesting.

I will keep looking.

C

hey if your looking at the gulf side of thailand i would definately rate koh tao probably the best in the gulf. it is much better than koh samui and pattaya. its a pretty fun place too. and very cheap. ill be there beginning of feb through may. pm me if you have any questions.
good luck.

Back
Top Bottom