Where did I go with my force fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Folks!

Now my videos are on Vimeo. I cannot edit the old post anymore so hopefully a moderator will change the remaining You Tube bad links with the Vimeo ones.

I am getting ready to go to the North Slope of Alaska to work for at least six weeks. Unfortunately I won't be able to do any diving there. It is up to you now to keep this thread alive!

Have a good one!

Soakedlontra, Blair and I will strive to keep your thread alive. Please keep us posted on your Adventures from the North Slope of Alaska, and we look forward to your return to diving. LoVe, Bob

now I really need to get my camera housing fixed. Alki Cove 2 was cool. The first dive ended by me being attacked by a 3' Cabezon that apparently I did something too. The second was a night dive and there were some simply awesome shots that I could have gotten.

BTW- I dove with the 3XL Pros and man were they comfortable, a little sloppy (even with an instep they are a little big) but so easy to don/doff, no effort at all. csicnomore had a chance to dive both the Hockey fin and the SD-1 Military.

I used my Adjustabile Force Fins today and I would give them two thumbs up.
If you are a smaller diver or have a lot of knee problems, these are the fin for you.

TN Traveler - I know your bought the 1st pair of the "hockey fins" and are anxious like me to hear anything you can about them. Meesier42 was generous enough to let me try the hockey fins and the SD-1 Military fin. The hockey fins were a little hard to put on with the nylon straps. For someone younger and without back problems (or a smaller belly, haha) this might not be a problem. I ordered mine with a bungie (Uncleavi will approve)! Easier to walk in than my Pros or adjustables and your won't believe how thick they are, but very light. In the water I went and at first almost a dissapointment... I didn't feel anything at all. Well aren't all FF's described that way? That sensation, or lack thereof is even more so with these. Quick acceleration, whenever I needed it and when that large Cabezon was after Meesier42 I was able to get away quick! That fish for some reason had it in for him. It looked at me once and went back to Meesier, 'course he's bigger than me and thus a better meal, I guess!

Flutter kicking, I could power forward in quick burst to catch up to Meesier (he's of course much faster than me). Then on the bottom I could glide along with very small flicks of the fins.

The SD-1 Military, I used on our second dive I would also use with a bungie and I believe Meesier said it is predrilled for one. They were also great. A little harder to put on. The foot pocket is stiff, but I imagine if they were broke in an adjusted to your foot, they'd be no problem. They were even easier to walk in as the whole forward part of the fin is slightly turned up and the edges as you can tell in all the pictures on here are turned up. Seemed in many ways similar to the hockey fin. Both effortless to use and plenty of power The Hockey fin felt better to me, not sure I can say why. It seemed to bring you to speed quicker, accelerate, yeah that's the word. Also with the more traditional FF footpocket, I think they felt more a part of my foot. With the Hockey fin, TN, I think you'll say like me, I'm glad I picked that fin, it was the right choice for me.

Meesier42 - Thanks for a great couple of dives and being so generous with your fins and time and enjoyed talking with you between dives and afterward. I'll remember the fish story for years!

Uncleavi - you need to come join us on one of your trips up north.

The Hockey Fin sounds like it is just what I thought it would be. I also got the Bungie Straps (also a little older and thick around the middle :D )

Now I'm getting excited.

PS - Bob - still no rush, I'm at least a 6 weeks away from any chance to dive - unless I dive at the Aquarium (but then I have to use their gear, anyway)

Alki Cove 2 was cool. The first dive ended by me being attacked by a 3' Cabezon that apparently I did something too.

Yeah they are sitting on eggs, and they are very aggressive this part of the year. Later on in April or so, you can come right up to them, then they think they are invisible.

It took me about 15 minutes to get here, in Barrow the internet connection is pretty slow...After about two months in the Arctic I miss the water badly. All the swimming pools in the North Slope are broken and the open ocean is miles away. I cannot get to it unless I have a polar bear body guard who knows where to walk. I am wondering if I will remmber how to scubadive again...The bowhead whales are coming and the locals are getting ready for them, most of them will paddle to them on bearded seal skin boats dressed in white...A

Soakedlontra,
Great to hear from you! Top of the World! Please give my best to Clancy at the Fire Station. I am sure you will not forgot how to dive. Matthew Ferraro and I did a shore dive in front of the Top of the World Hotel for the Gray Whale Obstacle Course episode for PBS. ---Stick to above water while in Barrow.
Be sure to keep us posted on the Bowhead whales, Polar bears and your adventurers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom