Where did you dive this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danielle's_Dives

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
ok, I am going to torment myself a bit having to work for the last 5 days through the weekend. Where did you dive this weekend, what kind of dive and how was it? I am particularly interested in what shore diving was done Vero Beach to Lauderdale. I have 3 days I am out by 4 so can fit a quick dive in on those afternoons. Thanks in advance!

Dove Lauderdale by the Sea, Datura Ave. entrance, on Saturday. Here's a thread with some information http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-conch-divers/290550-lauderdale-sea-beach-dive.html

I thought the vis was 25 feet at LBTS, but my dive buddies indicate it was more like 15 to 20. Either way, it was a very enjoyable beach dive and well worth exploring if you venture south of Vero.

Dove with Jupiter Dive Center on Sunday: Jupiter High Ledges and Tunnels sites. Many things to see including Goliath Grouper, Nudibranches, Flamingo Tongues, all sorts of tropicals (saw a French Angelfish harassing a Queen Angel), green morays, goldentail morays, lobster, etc. etc. Some of the other divers on the Republic IV reported seeing a bull shark, several reef sharks and a couple of loggerhead turtles: I missed all of these.

LBTS Datura entrance Saturday (same dive at sportxlh). Was going to go to a scuba kayaking clinic but had to work Sunday instead. This morning I dove the Rodeo 25 wreck off Pompano - 110 ft depth (125 to the sand) ripping current, about 50ft viz, and got to play hide and seek with a Goliath in the lower hatchway of the wreck. I will definitely dive this wreck again when current is a bit lower...lots of photo ops when I can relax a bit. Afterwards a reef drift dive.

Nice weekend all around.

Nice weekend all around.

+1
I'll play in the torment Floridanewbie'swife...
6 dives in Key Largo
Sat (teaching dives): Snapper Ledge & Pickles Reef
Sun (teaching dives): KL Dry Rocks (Minnow Caves) & Christ of the Abyss
Mon - fun dive: double dip on Speigel Grove.
Great weekend, fun friends in town visiting.

I almost made it out for a shore dive at LBTS (Mary Ann's back yard). A flat "O" ring kept my din out of the salty sea on Sunday... KBeck, made the dive with Dennis, Donna and Mary Ann while I cooked the burgers and dogs on the grill... We then made our way north and had a cookout/birthday party for some friends...

Yay!

I dove off Boynton with Starfish. First dive at Grouper Hole and the second south somewhere near the inlet. Before the dive I said I was feeling very "sharky/turtley." We saw three turtles on our first dive: a loggerhead on the surface, a hawksbill when we first dropped down and another as we were ascending (not sure what kind as we were too far away to tell). A good-sized (8ft?) nurse on the second dive. Pretty brisk current with lots of particulate made photo-taking a challenge. Just a few jellies between 20 and 30 feet but nothing to freak out about. Seas were flat.

turtle 16-55-53.jpg

I spend most of my time at Blue Heron Bridge. It's been forever since I did a boat dive. I forgot how truly spectacular our reefs are.

ok, thanks for the torment:D, out early today, tomorrow and Friday. Trying to head down for late afternoon dives. Pics look great!

I dove Boynton Beach with UW Explorer. Dove the Castor and got to see what's remaining of the jewfish aggregation (maybe 40 specimens instead the 100 two weeks ago). Then we did a really cool but challenging navigation dive on TableTops reef and caught enough lobsters to serve four :)

Dove BHB on Sunday. Lots of jellies and vis about 20'. But, saw a BATFISH, a real rarity. That dive never disappoints.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom