Where did you dive this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by VTWarrenG
What a thrill to go out and dive a wreck from the shore! :)

- Warren

Yep.

I did my first shore/wreck dive last Sunday. the Westerm World off of the NJ shore. It's about 200-250 feet off the beech in about 20 feet of water depending on tide.

Vis last week was between 1-5 feet as the waves and current were kicking up the bottom a bit (not to mention us as well :) ). Water temp was in the high 30s to very low 40s. Air was AMAZING. It was like late spring with lots of sunshine and the boardwalks coverd with people. It usualy prety deserted this time of year. (see the pic in my profile from last weekends dive)

This Sunday, the gang I normaly dive with went in for a drift dive in Shark River Inlet. Jump in just as the tide starts heading out and ride it to the ocean. Swim around the end of the jetti and walk up the beach. I stayed home, did chores and stared at tax forms.

dc4bs,

Sounds cool!

Northern California has some cold water -- but it also has the benefit of a steeply sloped beaches. You can wade out, go for a swim, and be in 80 feet of water in no time!

- Warren

It's so cool to hear about the different dive sites. ReefRaff, that site sounds really interesting. I'd love to do a few dives there!

Walter, he's spoiled if you ask me. Craig, cool deal on the spring like shore diving. Took a look at your web page. You need some more pictures of your sister, no offense. :wink:

I think it's good to see that people are active, pool or other wise, and blowing bubbles. I'm land locked next weekend but the following weekend I'm going to try and do a night dive and hopefully catch an octopus out hunting...

I made a couple of dives Friday night in East Tennesse. One was to 125' for 18 minutes in 41 degree F water. Vis was 4' - 16'.
I was teaching a buddy staged decompession technique using multiple gases.
Norm

I was out to a shore dive to a old wreack i would guess its from the early 19th sentury (if i am not misremembered) burnt by the lokal villagers due to the fact that the ppl who lived there stoel their jobs at the bridge constructuion site AND their women,
then it went to far they thought and torched the boat

it is sunk at 6-16 meters of depth and is falling apart now
but still a nice wreak.

we started out with me about one hour late (fell back asleep since I woke up two hours early) and called my buddy and he was also a bit late so no worries went to the site and met up with him.
we went into the water and realised that my newley fixed 2nd stage leaked air. well it was no biggie just a couple of bubbles, so we finned a bit then we went down to 8 meters and finned to the side of the wreak. nice :wink: there she is.
we started out with the bow and followed her down and back upp again then since we knew there is a rumour going around that there are another wreck a bit outside of her :wink: we made a long arch that way, but found nothing and abit more of nothing.

all in all a nice dive :wink:

take care
dive safe

I went diving at Pulau Hantu, just off Singapore. The water temperature was 27C (81F, in imperial money) and the viz ranged from the normal 1m (3ft) to an impressive 2m (7ft). My buddy invented a new hand signal for 'there is too much silt in the water, let's turn round'.

We saw quite a few fish, mostly because we stayed very shallow. We also ran aground twice. The first time it was just one of those things, but we felt pretty stupid when it happened again. Later on some people in a boat ran aground in the same place and nearly created a new wreck for us to dive on.

Can't wait until March, when the monsoon will be over and we'll be able to go to dive sites that have see-through water.

Zept :tree:

Zept,

So the monsoon season makes your water have only 2m vis?! :eek:

BTW, why not use standard hand signals? The signal for silt is to rub your thumb across your four fingertips. The signal to call a dive, is, naturally, the thumbs up. The signal to go a specific direction is the child's "gun" gesture -- thumb up, first finger pointing in a direction.

- Warren

2 dives Sunday. Ledges 14 mi. off Clearwater. Good vis. 67 degrees. Grouper & Hog Snapper sure taste good!

Where did I dive this weekend? Only in my dreams! New England is not exactly CAD-friendly!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom