Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a night dive (longest ever... :D)

[table 0 0 3]#|Location|Duration|Depth|Temp
422|Vinkeveense plassen|103 Minutes|10M/33Ft|16C/61F[/table]
So, where did you dive today? :)

2 dives today one on the King Mitch at 40m for 15 min and one on the Hema 1 at 30M for 15 min. Both are off the southern tip of Grenada. I would post some pictures but I need to get to 5 posts first.

Today (yesterday) me and my dive buddy went diving at lake Coeur D'Alene Idaho at arrow point, we went down to 130 feet, we both where on doubles 95 with stages, I was diving on air and he was diving on nitrox 28. We swim out and than went down the wall to 130 feet deep by the time we hit that depth, it was eight minutes, into the dive, it didn't gave us much time in no decompression, so we started to ascend slowly, we have to make a stop at 72 feet for 2 minutes accordingly to my computer, as we got to 50 feet I switched to nitrox 40, than we started making more stop's one at 50 feet for one minute, next 40 feet for one minute, next 30 feet for 2 minutes, next 20 feet for 3 minutes, next 10 feet for 5 minutes. All went OK we have a good time, with good buoyancy and trim. The lake have ten feet of vis, the weather was overcast with wind and cool temp.

Today (yesterday) we did 4 rescue diver training sessions (logged as four dives) and pretty much had a good workout at Quail Run Quarry at Rolla, MO.

I still had 1500 left in my tank (she had 2000) so we decided to go ahead and blow off the rest of the gas before heading home... our "fifth" dive of the day was 33 minute max depth 24 feet (the quarry is only about 30 feet deep at the deepest) and I took some pictures while we were knocking around.

I posted them on this thread: Rolla quarry pictures (dialup users warned, lots of pictures)

[table 0 0 3]|Location|Duration|Depth|Temp
|Hog Heaven|34 Minutes|67Ft|85F [/table]
[table 0 0 3]|Location|Duration|Depth|Temp
|The Caves|50 Minutes|28Ft|85F[/table]

Two nice dives in the Tobermory area:

Forest City 27 min and the Arabia 28 min....water temp is up to 42F now.

55 min at the Gull Island Bridge on Saturday as part of a Shore Diving course. After my only previous dives being my OW certs at Dutch Springs last fall just before it got too cold for wetsuits, it was definitely interesting dealing with more limited visibility, tidal influence, and a 3 knot current close to the bridge. Good tune-up after last fall, good learning opportunity, and a good chance to test out my new gear. Nice and toasty at 62 degrees and did better on buoyancy than I expected; buddy and I stayed off the bottom so the viz was probably a pretty fair 6-8 feet.

Did a afterwork dive today with my regular buddie, 'wreck' dive at the northern side of ''Fågelholmen'', Old wreck of a sunken freighter carrying redstonepipes.

Really warm in the water now, 16 degrees celcius at the surface.

Did a spur of the moment dive in the La Jolla Canyon (San Diego, CA) with a friend from out of town today. Water temp was good - probably around 50-55F, Max depth of 85 feet for a 35 minute dive.

For my first shore dive here in my new home, I would consider it a pretty good success. Not only did we not have a problem finding the canyon, we saw some pretty interesting things down there. First of all, the whole bank of sea dollars was pretty interesting, especially the exact straight line boundaries their formation formed. Next was a substantial sized school of fish which I would estimate to be mackerel. Also on the sand dollar bank was a fiesty little swimming crab which was interesting to follow around for a little bit.

The star of the show was the 3-4 foot bat ray we saw sifting through the sand for a snack. Got to watch him for about 4-5 minutes before he went on his merry way. This to date is the largest life I have ever seen in the ocean, and I have a feeling that as I get more dives under my belt here, there will be more big stuff to be seen. Everything about the ray is graceful, especially watching them just soar through the water.

Saw lots of speckled sanddabs today too, they certainly were interesting little creatures.

I am looking forward to lots and lots of successful dives in la jolla this summer :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom