Where did you solo dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's not for weed. That's a meth pipe.
I thought so too but the thing is branded an an internet search brought it up as a one hitter. Puflax I believe was the brand...and one of the end caps of the tube was packed with weed.

Funny what you find when just swimming along.:D

I dived the Long Island Kokomohua Marine Reserve in the Marlborough Sounds. 40 minute dive to 24metres - lovely and peaceful on my own.
The Reserve was established in 1993, and I believe that the crayfish that I saw on my visit must have been young fellas then... lots of very big crays. Lovely to see. Also big moki and blue cod. Lots of kelp too.
Just a nice dive and worth the 30 minute boat trip out from Picton.

and now we're back to the advertised programming

I thought about dving, again

again can not seem to be able grasp the pony bottle

Did my most complex solo dive today. Ogden Point, Victoria BC. 64 minutes with some moderate current and relatively poor vis.
What is interesting is that with a (non self reliant) buddy the vis and current would have been significantly more stressful.
As always was in sidemount which is the only configuration I have the confidence to solo in.

Lake Samish.

It was cold and boring, and that's OK.

Basically just a self-check dive after the winter off season. First time in the water in almost 6 months, so chose something local and easy.

Wore the 7mm for the first time in a couple of years and it is still a PITA. It will probably go back in the closet and I will dive my 3/2mm in the salt. Seemed like I needed a lot more air in my BCD than I remember and I'm not sure if that is the fresh water or if my body composition has changed some. Will do a proper weight check when I get back in the bay.

Did a couple reg switches. Vis was 10' at best, probably from the runoff. Didn't see a single fish.

30 FFW for 36 minutes
2400 psi start, 895 finish on the steel 72
2400/2400 pony
Water temp 48 deg F

I did a solo yesterday morning off Hollywood Beach. Was hoping my buddy would join and we would go for lobster (last day of the season), but we didn't connect. So I solo'd. Only found one legal sized bug and it will live to tell the story of how it evaded my snare. The others were too small. At least a year away before they are tempting. Viz was in the 10ft range, and the water was cooler than anticipated. Glad I had my 5mm. Still managed to get in over 110 minutes before deciding to go back to shore.

I did a solo yesterday morning off Hollywood Beach. Was hoping my buddy would join and we would go for lobster (last day of the season), but we didn't connect. So I solo'd. Only found one legal sized bug and it will live to tell the story of how it evaded my snare. The others were too small. At least a year away before they are tempting. Viz was in the 10ft range, and the water was cooler than anticipated. Glad I had my 5mm. Still managed to get in over 110 minutes before deciding to go back to shore.

All the videos I see of lobstering in Florida make it look so easy. Nice to have a reality check!

Back
Top Bottom