Where do I find the deals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As echo'd in most of the posts on this thread, I would concentrate on finding the "value" instead of the deal. "don't jump over dollars just to save pennies" Reality is, you can always find everything cheaper.

I would focus on establishing a relationship with your choice of the many UWP specialty shops. That will be your best "deal". The wealth & knowledge provided by them, will pay off way more, than trying to "save a buck". There's no doubt that if Walmart sold scuba equipment, it would be cheaper. Try getting "after the sale" support or service from them on something like a regulator. Always make sure that whoever you purchase from, they are "Authorized Dealers" for anything you buy.

Everyone has their favorite place to buy their UW photo equipment for their own personal reasons. Mine are (and I'm not trying to single anyone out here, as I mentioned there are many good ones);

Reef Photo - Knowledgeable, above and beyond the call of duty, out of the box solutions when necessary, they answer the phone, competitive pricing & free shipping, stellar service. Plus they have an actual retail shop, and it's always great to stop by when I'm in Florida, and say hi & thanks, and ask where is the great diving is at that week ! They have gotten a lot of business from me the past year. Ike S90/YS-01/FIX UXL-04/ULCS, etc.

Optical Ocean Sales - Jack Connick knows his stuff, ALWAYS happy to take time & help you out, answers emails promptly (and the phone). I purchased "my first rig" from him some years ago.

At any rate, there's my 2 cents. Good luck, keep us posted !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom