Where do I want to go in GC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 Bar

Reaction score
I have read through many helpful threads and have narrowed down some Ops that sound good to me. Please bear with me for another GC question.

It sounds to me if I want to quietly chill I should go north of 7MB to avoid noise and traffic. However, I am sure at night my wife and I would want to go out, so we would need to be at least conveniently close to 7MB / George Town.

I read about Sunset House being to the south but with no beach. I would need a place on or VERY close to a beach for my wife.

Is there a place on northern 7MB I should be looking at for this? I was interested in Cobalt Coast, which I see is northern part of the island. Is that too far from the action and a beach? Also which diving do I want for the biggest animals I can find there, North Walls?

Thanks.

Cobalt Coast does not have a beach, though hanging out by the pool on the water is pretty nice. (They've actually got an area of sand by the pool with some lounge chairs if you need to dig your feet in. :14: ) I've heard there is a beach near there you can go to but I never have (as I actually prefer my waterfront without sand anyway.) Personally I don't consider it too far of a drive to things, but some people seem to. Can't recall times - maybe 10-15 minutes to where significant amounts of restaurants/shopping/whatever start? 25-30 to downtown? Depends a lot on traffic. You don't have to go all the way to Georgetown for stuff all the time, there's plenty along the way. Also check out Papagallo nearby for a quiet romantic evening.

Here is a map that shows the general locations of hotels and condos. I can't recall precisely where "quieter" starts but further north is a good general rule. I've heard good things about Aqua Bay Club.

Thanks. I prefer a pool also, but my wife is not mentally on vacation if she is not laying on a beach...women. I knew Cobalt had no beach but wondered if it was VERY close to one. I will advance my research with your provided links. Thanks for taking the time.

Damselfish:
Here is a map that shows the general locations of hotels and condos. I can't recall precisely where "quieter" starts but further north is a good general rule. I've heard good things about Aqua Bay Club.

"Quieter" starts anywhere north of the Westin hotel (#67 on the map). That is still firmly on Seven Mile Beach (which runs, more or less, to Silver Sands Condos #54).

More direct to what I am looking for. Thank you so much. I f I were to be on the northern part of 7MB, would northern dive Ops such as Divetech get me? Or shoudl I find a closer one?

Verifiy with an op about any specific place but I expect you'd have no problems getting picked up. Divetech sometimes picked up people from places around there, Aqua Bay was one place some people were staying that they liked at which is why I mentioned it. And it would be pretty easy to drive to their shop at Turtle Cove for shore diving.

Villas Pappagallo is a condo complex 1.3 miles up the road from Cobalt Coast. It is on Conch Point Rd. and has a sandy beach,nice pool and jacuzzi. Swimming is best off the dock as the sea floor is somewhat rocky with some coral heads.
They have one, two or three bedroom condos for rent.
turq.waters

Back
Top Bottom