Where do people go for parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"None"? In the US, I can order any Poseidon Se7en part I want, and I do emphasize any. There are a couple of places to order, but Dive Gear Express is my normal go to place, just hard to beat their service !

Sounds like Tracy and vicko are two more in the pile of people spreading false rumours about poseidon.

I wonder why it's like that? Everyone can't be angry about old customer service being bad.

Just my experience with the P2 head, had a bad wire dongle on the HUD side, sent to shop on a Tuesday, went off to Husih, back to shop by following Tuesday which included 5-year head service. All good.

@wetb4igetinthewater just curious, what is actually worn out? Is it the actual delrin T-fitting?

"None"? In the US, I can order any Poseidon Se7en part I want, and I do emphasize any. There are a couple of places to order, but Dive Gear Express is my normal go to place, just hard to beat their service !
It would appear you are correct. I just had a look. While DGX has had Poseidon regulator parts for many years, they did not used to have CCR parts online. The last time one came in for service, it was a nightmare to get any parts.

Just my experience with the P2 head, had a bad wire dongle on the HUD side, sent to shop on a Tuesday, went off to Husih, back to shop by following Tuesday which included 5-year head service. All good.

@wetb4igetinthewater just curious, what is actually worn out? Is it the actual delrin T-fitting?
Jim,

I highlighted in red the part that is worn, stripped. Yes, it is the actual delrin. I'm not a fan of delrin on metal, especially as I had my BP delrin thumbscrew fail on getting out of the water. I have been very gentle in screwing the hose back in, but I have done it too many times in my anal retentiveness for cleaning. I should have realized that this would be a worsening issue by my own experience of metal on plastic/delrin. I am speaking to someone about drilling out the part and putting in a metal thread connection. But that's a long term solution.

@wetb4igetinthewater Ah...being slightly color deficient, red doesn't show up very well on dark background. I see. Interesting. Unless there's an aluminum or stainless t-fitting, there's always going to be some delrin/metal interface. Not sure why the existing adapter insert would be turning as the low-pressure hose from the block is only finger tight.

Back
Top Bottom