Where do Socal divers go...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
... for dive holidays outside California?

... for dive holidays outside California?

Over the last 3 years, I've gone on Dive Holidays to:

Belize
Hawaii
Seattle
Mexico
Florida

and in August, Bonaire.

Nearly all my diving is in SoCal. We have it all here, and it takes an act of Congress to pry me out of SoCal to go dive someplace else.

---
Ken

Why would we do that? :rofl3:

I think most of us hit the clear warm waters. I like Cayman and Hawaii, and would like to do Fiji and maybe Wakatobi.

Hawaii or Mexico.

We went to Hawaii last year and are going to Puerto Rico by the end of the month ... I am very looking forward to it ^o^

And what reason would we have to do that? I'm a kelp forest ecologist... not a coral reef one. However, I do enjoy trips to the tropics during the winter. Asia and the South Pacific are my favs, but I've visited the Sea pof Cortez, Florida, Belize and Honduras over the past few years. Hoping to get to South America next winter and the Red Sea next year.

La Paz, BVI, Antiqua, but I'm willing to go anywhere if someone else will foot the bill. It's a lot cheaper to spend a week on my boat diving Catalina.

Well, I've only been certified a year...but last year we went to Hawaii (Maui), this year we're going to Puerto Rico, and barring any unforeseen circumstances we'll be going to the Caymans next year. :)

So, as you can see I've only dove tropical waters once (Maui)... The whole time I was there, (while I really did find it beautiful, and I really did appreciate the warm water) I kept thinking how much I missed our kelp forests.

Whenever I read on Scubaboard about folks in land locked states making trips out to their local quarry to dive...I can't help but salute their dedication and love for the sport, and I also can't help but feel extremely fortunate that I've got a whole ocean full of beautiful fish and invertebrates right here in my back yard!

Back
Top Bottom