Where do you check for weather info on Cozumel? Anyone there now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use weatherunderground it tends to be the closest to reality.
Cozumel, Mexico Forecast : Weather Underground
Most any dive op will take a novice, just be up front with them with regards to experience and level and he will have a blast.

I use weatherunderground it tends to be the closest to reality.
Cozumel, Mexico Forecast : Weather Underground
As long as you realize that when it says "Thunderstorms" or "Chance of a Thunderstorm", it can mean anything from an all day rain to the possibility of one of those fleecy white clouds getting a little darker and spilling a few drops somewhere within 30 miles of you. :D

If plane tickets are bought and you are going to Cozumel regardless, what's the point in worrying over what the weather will be when you get there? Don't fret over things over which you have no control.

Right... I have not bought tickets yet ! If I had, there would have been no point in asking the question. I was thinking about next Wed or so... I can do air on miles, but why do it if the outlook is bleak.
Yes, the problem with the little thundercloud icons is that it can mean a thundershower for a half hour in the afternoon.... Or as in one time I visited, there was a non-stop downpour for five straight days... The only real change in the weather was from light drizzle to heavy rain with wind. No sun at all.
Which is why I am a bit leary about making the trip... Will probably put it off a bit.

Right... I have not bought tickets yet ! If I had, there would have been no point in asking the question. I was thinking about next Wed or so... I can do air on miles, but why do it if the outlook is bleak.
Yes, the problem with the little thundercloud icons is that it can mean a thundershower for a half hour in the afternoon.... Or as in one time I visited, there was a non-stop downpour for five straight days... The only real change in the weather was from light drizzle to heavy rain with wind. No sun at all.
Which is why I am a bit leary about making the trip... Will probably put it off a bit.
Forecasting a week or more out is iffy in the Caribbean no matter what time of year it is, but during the late summer, it's a little moreso. While the chances of encountering a hurricane are still very low, the conditions which spawn them also set off lesser (and more common) disturbances as well. Of course, during the winter months the problems come from the other direction. November and May are the quietest months, I believe.

Yes, unfortunately short of the desert Islands like Aruba, the forecast for the next day can be wrong!
Thank you for your response.
I think I was hoping for certainty where there is none. I should know better. Its still a possibility, if we don't go to visit an ailing relative in LA. We are getting our floors refinished and I am good with getting a break. The air is good and we stay at a very reasonably priced place that feels like a second home.

there was a non-stop downpour for five straight days... The only real change in the weather was from light drizzle to heavy rain with wind. No sun at all.

Sounds like a Tropical Depression was in the area. That and hurricanes is about all your likely to forcast a week out. This time of year you can count on it raining if not a shower every day. But what's it matter, you're gonna be wet diving anyway!?!? :D

Sounds like a Tropical Depression was in the area. That and hurricanes is about all your likely to forcast a week out. This time of year you can count on it raining if not a shower every day. But what's it matter, you're gonna be wet diving anyway!?!? :D
Wet diving is fine. Being pelted by rain drops while zipping across the water in a fast boat sucks, as do a lot of other topside activities. Yeah, it's good to avoid the Tropical Depressions & Storms. I-98 has some potential in the area, but not much. Long range forecasts are never dependable but looks good for now...

Capture.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom