Where do you store your tanks?

Where do you store your tanks?

• In my living space (closet, spare room, bedroom, den, etc.)

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • In my garage

Votes: 42 42.9%
  • In my basement

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • In my shed, barn or other detached building

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • In my vehicle

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Someplace else altogether

Votes: 5 5.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems lately my tanks stay at the Clubhouse(Sealancers Dive Club), Usually by the time I get the boat cleaned, other people have washed and filled all the tanks, I still like to clean my own Regs and BP.

Aquanautchuck:
I store mine also in the garage. I have always stored them full standing upright. Is this the correct way to do it?

Charles

The long standing long storage suggestion was with a holding pressure 200- 500 PSI. Pressure cycles are becoming the bigger concern hence leaving them ready to go or as last used is becoming preferred. No need to artificially lower the pressure only to refill it latter. Just keep diving so long term storage is a non issue.

If they are clean and dry inside in really won't matter. A steel tank with moisture can rust along the thinner sidewall if laying down. If stood up corrosion will be on the thicker bottom area.

Just make sure they are corraled or in a spot where they won't get toppled.

Pete

Garage in summer, basement in winter. Half of my basement looks like a dive shop anyway. 6 wetsuits, 4 bc, 6 regs, 10 tanks etc. Good thing the wife dives too!

Since I still don't get to use them yet it varies, but mostly in the garage. :(

They were on the work bench for a few days to stencil my name on them. Then it was down to the LDS to drain and reinstall a DIP tube that came loose. They layed quietly next to my recliner for a while so I could "try out" the fit of a new Sea Cure mouthpiece.

Then yesterday I felt guilty so I took one for a ride in the truck so it could get out for a while. The other one had a hissy fit and blew off some steam cause it got left behind. (About 500#'s worth of sibling rivalry) Last Sunday I let them play in the sprinkler in the front yard and this Saturday I may take them both to a local lake and introduce them to the club if they promise to behave. I'm thinking they need to learn to get along with others.

I am concerned they may not understand why they can't get wet too. How do you explain to young tanks they can't go in the water without direct supervision? I think they may be planning to making a break for it because I found two sticks with little bags of 'O'rings in red hankerchiefs the other day. I also noticed my compass found its way to the bench near the tanks. How the hell did that happen? Maybe someday soon they will get to actually GO UNDER WATER!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

KBeck:
I'm on par with Texan...I now have 4 tanks, 2 BCs, 4 or 5 wetsuits......tanks are great front door area decor....I only bring them in from the car because the hot Florida sun just might make them go boom.

That's also why mine are in the house, Krista....I left one in my trunk once during a hot summer day in Texas (imagine that -- a hot summer day in Texas) and it was so hot, it had to cool off for at least 15 minutes before it could be filled. I've never done that again. Bad idea, I'm afraid.

However, now and then during the winter, they look at me and go "when are we going diving again?" :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom