Where in the NY area should I go to get certified?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rain.

New
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend specific dive shops' certification programs in the greater NY area? I'm completely new to scuba, and I'm interested in finding a good, moderately priced course in the greater New York area (preferably in NYC, Westchester, Fairfield, or New Haven Counties). Thanks so much!

Welcome to the world of diving, rain. Once you start exploring underwater it just gets better and better!!

In Westchester: Scuba New York - Learn To Dive - Purchase Scuba Equipment - Call 914-779-2966

On-site heated pool, changing rooms, classroom, large gear selection. Local certification dives (when it gets a bit warmer), on a dive trip or on vacation. Classes can be a weekend, spread out over weekday nights, or private on your schedule.

Feel free to PM me for more details.

Yes, I've been there a few times in summer. They seem quite good. They often do checkout dives at Dutch Springs in PA and from the patrons in there it seems like it's a real fun thing with B B Qs after the dives, etc. In Yonkers on Central (Park) Ave. just S. of Scarsdale.

Welcome to the world of diving, rain. Once you start exploring underwater it just gets better and better!!

In Westchester: Scuba New York - Learn To Dive - Purchase Scuba Equipment - Call 914-779-2966

On-site heated pool, changing rooms, classroom, large gear selection. Local certification dives (when it gets a bit warmer), on a dive trip or on vacation. Classes can be a weekend, spread out over weekday nights, or private on your schedule.

Feel free to PM me for more details.

Hi Hank..classes start all the time.next weekend schedule class is tonight,so that is too soon..after that,next weekend schedule is on Jan 22-23-24.Three week schedule starts Jan 26 ,meets Tues/Thurs nights.Only facility in area with its own indoor heated pool.Training dives available on April trip to Bonaire.

I posted a link to this thread over in the Dive NY forum. Hopefully some of the locals will be able to help you out.

Back
Top Bottom