Where is best for Technical training in the Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Given that you want to take a number of courses I'd recommend you do some mix and match of the instruction. Every good instructor brings another set of viewpoints and eyes to your diving. I'm been diving w/ Matt Red and took a course from Johann. I haven't checked out the other folks, but the Tech Dive Asia guys have been recommended by folks I do dive with, and Devon Diver seems to be another good choice. Take what works for you from each one and discard what doesn't. Work across agencies as well, GUE /DSAT/TDI/ANDI/IANTD all have different approaches to learning, preparing materials, and dive styles. Pick a course to take from a "Drill Sargent" and some from helpful instructors, each helps in different ways.

I can endorse
Andy Davis (Devon Diver) with Scuba Tech Philippines. My 14 year old son and I completed a "Pre-Tech" foundation clinic in December 2012. This clinic was great because it introduced a technical mindset and precision in our recreational diving. I returned in March 2013 and completed Tec40, Tec45 and Tec Sidemount. As an independent instructor, Andy adapted to my schedule and location requirements (Anilao and Subic Bay).

I'm finishing up my advanced nitrox/deco course this morning. I have nothing but good things to say about the guys at Boardwalk in Subic. The level of detail and focus and patience on undoing 7 years of bad habits is amazing. I have a new found confidence, knowledge in equipment and equipment setup, proper finning techniques, even rescue training is part of the course. George Ang Dy Pay is an excellent instructor. Even met up with me in Makati over lunch for academics.

Last edited:
Oh crap good catch hope no one else saw that :/

Great class again. Can't wait to get some time for extended range, advanced wreck, and trimix!

There are many places in the Philippines to advance your technical training, it really depends on how far you want to take your training. OC/CCR, Wrecks/Walls, Deep/Deeper choose your DC carefully, remember price isn't everything, size of DC isn't important, its all down to your instructor

There are a few good places to do tech in the Philippines. I did my AN/DP and Trinidad with Evolution Diving in Malapascua with Matt Reed and David Joyce. They were so professional, rigorous and thoughtful about tech diving. I can't praise them enough as instructors. Plus you may get the chance to see thresher sharks at a deep cleaning station at 45m .. No other divers, just you and the sharks at sunrise. Incredible!

Oops, *trimix not Trinidad... Autocorrect!

I have looked into doing some technical diving in the Philippines, and got very strong recommendations from friends who dive there often for Tech Asia in Puerto Galera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom