Where is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gee, I just learned something cool about Google Earth. I thought it drew straight lines when measuring distances but it is actually smart enough to consider the curvature of the earth. Draw a line from Vancouver, Canada to London, England and it takes the polar route.

US island? - You might consider it that, but I'd be a bit worried that others might consider that to be a misleading clue. There are a considerable number of Americans there. Lots of folks from other countries, too.

Pacific - yes
US territory - yes (unincorporated)
Guam - yes.

Congratulations agilis. Over to you...

whereisthis.jpg I apologize for this photo's limitations. I will not know what it looks like unil it posts. I'm not very good with computers at all. This is an image that might be a bit deceiving because I took this Kodachrome a long time ago. Hint: the perspective is facing north, and the island is significant.

It's so obscure. Two more hints are that my profile picture and avatar picture were take in exactly the same place, within 1 mile, though not necessarily the same year.

Not in the Pacific. The boat is a hollowed out tree trunk, made an ancient traditional way common to several cultures. Thre are three boats in the photo: one at each end of the long seine, and one barely visible on the extreme left, the chase boat manuvering the net's center over obstacles. I spent a full summer living with these fishermen, probably the happiest days of my life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom