Where is the best shore diving near LA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kunegochu

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
i am new to diving and want to make it a big part of my life i really am interested in shore dives do to the fact that it is a lot cheaper. i want a place with an abundance of sea life... also i want to explore are there any underwater caves near here thanks in advance and this board is really helpful.

The laguna area is probably the best for what you are looking for (cheap, i.e. no boat ride to the channel islands).

I've had some fantastic dives at Shaw's Cove (Laguna Beach).

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to SoCal Forum

...snip.... also i want to explore are there any underwater caves near here thanks in advance and this board is really helpful.

Please, don't even consider going into an underwater cave without proper training and equipment. To a new, I am invincible 18-year old diver (like my youngest son), a cave can be incredibly enticing.....it is also incredibly unforgiving. A number of things can go wrong, and seem to do so, when you get in an overhead environment.

Dive, dive, and dive shore and boat dives and enjoy the sea life all while you perfect your skills....then when you have that 'mastered' get training on caves. Remember, the #2 most dangerous sport (behind BASE jumping) is cave diving.

After you get certified, you could start diving with buddies you got certified with. Are you getting certified locally? Check with the dive shops and dive clubs. They would have pretty good recommendations related to your abilities, budget, and locale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom