Where is the Owner of HOG?......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevmo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
so i ordered 2 HOG D1 regs (special edition black) and D1 cold regs.....

was told that they didn't come out until a certain date... ok no problem....

date comes... i'm told he's traveling... another week comes by... still traveling... and that's why the regs havn't been sent to the guy i ordered from.... he's been in china for a week and change now.... still no regs sent....

the regs weren't suppose to be ready until Apr 12th.... and it would be almost a month now....

is he really a one man shop? how do orders get fulfilled when he's traveling?... anyone else in my boat?

I have to say that I have never had anything but outstanding service for anything HOG related but I also know that nobody is infallible. As Mike suggested, send him an email. It is also possible that your shop is not given you the whole story (or may not know it themselves). I think you will find that dealing with Chris tends to be easy.

I have to say that I have never had anything but outstanding service for anything HOG related but I also know that nobody is infallible. As Mike suggested, send him an email. It is also possible that your shop is not given you the whole story (or may not know it themselves). I think you will find that dealing with Chris tends to be easy.

also possible his shop is on "credit hold". Not saying they are... but I've seen other shops blame the manufacturer before for not getting products in and turns out another shop can order it without problem.

either the first shop didn't order it because of their own issues, or sometimes is on credit hold for not paying bills, and isn't exactly "truthful" with their customers about the reasons and tries to sell them something they have in stock instead.

Just spoke with him at lunch. He has been doing a lot of traveling and is in the process of getting caught up. HOG/Edge has been experiencing phenomenal growth and with great success it happens that hiccups in supply sometimes occurr. One of the problems with a great product at a great price. Demand can outpace supply fairly quickly. Patience is a virtue.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Hi folks, I have been on the road a whole bunch...I was supposed to get a HUGE shipment of regs at the end of Feb. It was the new HOG BP2, the Reversible second stages, the D2 Cold, the SE Second Stage (black) and the entire line of the new EDGE regs.My supplier ran behind horribly and put me behind as well. I have been told that they will ship to me this week by air. I REALLY need them.Nobody is on credit hold (your dealer or me), just trying to catch up with the demand.We added over 60 dealers in the last quarter of 2011, it caused me to sell thru my inventory approximately 4-6 months earlier than planned on existing items, re=ordering bigger quantities at the same time as doing new products put excess strain on everybody.My sincere apology.

Hi folks, I have been on the road a whole bunch...I was supposed to get a HUGE shipment of regs at the end of Feb. It was the new HOG BP2, the Reversible second stages, the D2 Cold, the SE Second Stage (black) and the entire line of the new EDGE regs.My supplier ran behind horribly and put me behind as well. I have been told that they will ship to me this week by air. I REALLY need them.Nobody is on credit hold (your dealer or me), just trying to catch up with the demand.We added over 60 dealers in the last quarter of 2011, it caused me to sell thru my inventory approximately 4-6 months earlier than planned on existing items, re=ordering bigger quantities at the same time as doing new products put excess strain on everybody.My sincere apology.

Chris,

I love your direct feedback. So much better that the standard Scubapro "check with your LDS" answers! I commend you on your customer service.

Later Mon,
Nick

Chris... nice to meet you and chat at the Long Beach SCUBA Show. Success can be a PITA sometimes, but I'm sure you'll get things ironed out. Great products!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom