Where is West Bank Park?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
Could someone shoot me some clear directions on how to get to West Bank Park at Lanier. I've never been and I hear from the folks at Diver Supply that is THE place to dive at Lanier. I usually dive at Two Mile Creek off of 400. I supply a slalom for the Jet Skiers with my Dive Flag, if you get my drift.
I live in the Tucker area and would be heading up I-85 to 985 if that's the quickest and easiest way to get there.

jborg33661@aol.com
Thanks!

it is the park right next to the dam on buford dam road,mask cove is to the left as you come through the gate and divers cove is all the way back by the tennis courts. someone is usually diving there every weekend,the vis is usually better down by the dam,the only place on the lake i can find better than 5 ft lately.

Thanks. I'm wanting to get some deeper(50-60ft.+) dive experience so when I take my PADI AOW in a few months it won't be such a shock to be at 70-90ft. Can I pair up with some of the 'birds for this, since you guys have probably been that deep or deeper in your diving experience.

no problem,im probably going to do some dives next saturday,the water temp at those depth is probably around 55 degrees so be prepared for it. the thermocline starts at about 25 ft,temps about 60s till about 60 ft then they drop about 10 degrees,i have been staying shallower lately,too hot to even think about putting on a 7 mill suit,have had some good dives right off the dam lately,pretty good vis 10-15 ft and lots of fish,they always stay above the thermocline. will make more concrete plans next week. your welcome to join,will probably be diving off my boat.

Thanks Mark. I may just take you up on that next Sat. the 18th. I'll check my schedule next week to be sure. I also have a 7mm/5mm wetsuit, so I know what you mean about it being too hot to put it on. I usually dive over at Two Mile Creek Park. 30-35ft. is usually the deepest I dive, vis is not that good. The lake bank throws alot of sediment into the water due to all the Jetski and boat action in the area.
If you going to be diving shallower depths as you have been lately, that might work just great, as I am still only PADI OW. I'm working to get more dives logged so I can take my PADI AOW with confidence in few months or so.
I have a 2mm shorty I recently bought at Divers Supply. My family and I went to Florida last week. Stayed at Indian Pass near Cape San Blas, about 50 miles SE of Panama City. Didn't get to dive at all, water was horribly dirty at Indian Pass. I've seen cleaner water in a mud puddle! Seaweed was not the problem, pollution was.
Would've stayed at Panama City, but we had the dogs with us.

I've send you an e-mail the first of next week and see if it still works out for us both next Sat. the 18th.

Thanks again,
John Borg

I may just have to come out. Dive and Dine Mark?? Couple dives couple burgers and couple more dives?

Since I had to cancel my Keys dive trip I amy be there as well.

Mike

MARK,
Looks like I'm going to have to pass on diving this Sat. My wife and I own some land up in the North Ga. mountains. There is a dead tree about 2ft. around and about 50ft. tall that is endangering a house bordering the land. I've got to meet the tree guy up there this Sat. a.m. and get this thing dropped and on the ground before someone or something gets hurt. We'll try it again later in the month. Looking forward to it.
THANKS for invitation,
John Borg

dive and dine its on,we have been slacking on those lately. i will bring my boat over there,might just anchor it out about where the sunk boat sits,should be able to pick it up on the sonar,we can just drop down on top of it.Would like to run a line back to the platform or some of the other lines,if i park the boat out there it might help keep some of the other boats off us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom