Where o where is the Hollis line?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
It was supposed to be debuted in Russia in February. Yet nothing has come out here or on any of the other forums I frequent. Is it going to take as long as the HUD mask? All the delays are why my money has gone to DSS, TDL, Sea Elite, Nocturnal Lights and now most likely Dive Rite for a mixed gas computer. And I work for an Oceanic (parent company)shop!

I'm interested as well. Has Oceanic decided against this line? I was hearing allot about it for awhile and then everything just stopped.

I spoke with the Oceanic rep at the Chicago trade show "Our World Underwater." At that time he said there was a possibility that it would be shown and the Russian show whould be the earliest possible point it could be seen.

I can imagine that with the problems they've had with the vt3 and datamask software that they are busy getting that sorted before they can spend the time on getting the Hollis line up and running.

That's my take, not what anyone has told me. So hopefully a rep will post soon, I'd love to see the line.

Has anyone heard anything from BTS about the line?

The Hollis line is moving forward. The delay's in the debut of the product have nothing to do with anything on the Oceanic side. I was not aware that we are having "problems" with the VT-3 nor the software of the Datamask. Our 20+ demo Datamask units are in heavy rotation being tested by instructors, divemasteres, store owners and new divers in the past month. Reports from the field including my own dives on the unit are outstanding and very positive. Point in fact is that while Hollis Unlimited tech line is owned by our parent company it will have nothing to do with the Oceanic brand except that some of the reps may handle both lines.

Regards,
Darryl Bowerman
South-Central Sales Representative

Do you know of a timeline on when the line will be available?

:bounce: i got to play with the hollis line on the weekend

as very cool the mask is... im not inclined to part with my money for such a item (yet) :wink:

just waiting for their single tank wing to land so i can test it out before making my final decision on my bpw

Hate to say any day now on the Hollis line but that's what we hear. Let me ask around the office when they get in later and see if I can come up with a firm date. Not to hijack the thread but reagarding the Datamask.....I think a true appreciation of the product is impossible right up until the chance to use the mask on a dive takes place. It is an incredible piece of gear that immediately makes diving easier. Sure it's 1500 bucks but there are more than one air integrated-hoseless dive computer selling for more than $1000. Up to 1300 in some cases. An extra 200-300 bucks an you would not want a to have all those great features right in your mask? That's what I thought until I used it as well.

Darryl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom