Where on cozumel is new Hotel Fontan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozdreamer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just saw a add in my new SCUBA DIVING May issue page 74 advertising that they are introducing Summer Kid's Scuba Camp while mom and dad dive. I went to the website and it says the hotel is up on the north end. Is it farther north than El Coz and Melia?
The add shows that it's affliated with Aldora, but neither Aldora's nor Hotel Fontan websites mention what I saw in the magazine about kids camp.... I'm confused. Can anyone help with inside info???

Can't help you with that hotel or program, but it sounds like a spin-off idea of Kids Sea Camp. I know a couple families who have raved about these programs. http://kidsseacamp.com Cozumel isn't one of their current locations.

I looked it up on my Can-Do map never leave home without it....it looks to be just north of the Coral Princess...map says 1 mi. north of town..Melia is about another 1mi up the road...

Hotel link: Here!

#7 On this map, just north of town...

cozumel_hotel_map.gif

I didn't specifically notice the Hotel Fontan, but the Aldora folks told me it was a short walk to the Villa Aldora, if that helps. The Villa is about ten minutes walking distance from the ferry terminal.

Thank you ALL for the info on it's location so far. I can now visualize where the hotel is in relation to the square. Now if I can just find out more info on the advertisement I saw in my magazine like prices, accomodations, and what a 4 year old will do with them while we dive in the AM. I've e-mailed Aldora, so hopefully with help from this forum and a reply from aldora, I'll get lots cleared up.

Cozdreamer, can you let me know what Aldora says? I was about to post a question to the Cozumel forum about kids programs, as we are looking for something as well. Everything that I have found in Cozumel starts around 9 am, which doesn't help with scuba diving parents.

Sorry for the tardy web page update...didn't know the May issue was out already and the webmaster is on vacation, but the info for the summer kid's scuba camp should be up in a few days. Basics are that we will have a monday to friday child care and training July 16-20 and August 13-17. The children will be trained/cared for while the parents are out doing their morning dives.This will be held at the New Hotel Fontan which is on the water, just 1 mile north of town.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Dave, do you know of any of the resorts that have a children's program that works for scuba diving parents? I don't think that the weeks at the Hotel Fontan will work for us. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom