Where should I dive in Fiji?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

feitr

Registered
Reaction score
Going to have 8 days to dive in Fiji and just wondering which places are the best to go. I am planning on doing a shark dive off the coral coast, but beyond that I have no plans/little lost as to where the best diving is. Seems like most (all?) of the liveaboards are set up for "romantic getaways" etc whereas I am just interested in getting as much diving in as possible.

Thanks

I'd try the ocean first.

I've been to Beqa Lagoon Resort last year and already have a return trip booked for next July. it's a dive-oriented resort, with boat dives every day and unlimited shore diving included. Optional night and Big Fish (shark) dives worth the nominal extra. Worth a look! Beqa Lagoon Resort (Marlin Bay) - homepage

Hi, I recommend Taveuni for some of Fiji's best diving. Moderately priced resort is Garden Island Resort. Great place and they are definitely the best dive op. It's also really well located close to the best dive sites. Also there is so much to do on the island. Doing the shark dive is a must. But I wouldn't spend all your time diving Beqa. It's not the best. If you do the shark dive, do it with Aquatrek. They are definitely the best shark dive aquatrek.com.

Good luck!

I've been to Beqa Lagoon Resort last year and already have a return trip booked for next July. it's a dive-oriented resort, with boat dives every day and unlimited shore diving included. Optional night and Big Fish (shark) dives worth the nominal extra. Worth a look! Beqa Lagoon Resort (Marlin Bay) - homepage

We had an awesome time at Beqa Lagoon in February. The Aqua Trek Big Fish Encounter (shark dive) is incredible, and worth every cent. We'd go back tomorrow if we had the budget.

Have you checked the Fiji page at Wannadive.net? Wannadive lists dive sites, submitted by divers, for divers.

Going to have 8 days to dive in Fiji and just wondering which places are the best to go. I am planning on doing a shark dive off the coral coast, but beyond that I have no plans/little lost as to where the best diving is. Seems like most (all?) of the liveaboards are set up for "romantic getaways" etc whereas I am just interested in getting as much diving in as possible.

Thanks

Definitely go to Taveuni. See this link:
Taveuni Adventure Diving Maravu Plantation and Beach Resort, Fiji Islands

+1 for Taveuni area.

The area would include Taveuni, Qamea and Matangi. Resorts range from expensive to reasonable. More resorts are located on Tavenui than the others. If you have not already done so, I would also look at the posts on this board in the Australia, NZ and the Pacific Islands link then the Pacific Islands link (under the Regional travel section). There are quite a few threads and reports on where to stay/dive. Note that my comments are land based not liveaboard recommendations.
These locations (above) take longer to get to. Viti Levu (most likely)then flights to Tavenui then maybe a boat trip. If you choose Taveuni, make sure to visit Tovoro falls (aka Bouma Falls). I think Sundays was when the local kids were allowed in free so it can get busy but the kids know where to jump in off the small cliff/ledge on the lower falls (1 of 3).
Many of the resorts in the Taveuni area are not dedicated dive resorts but do offer diving via in house ops or you can arrange an outside dive op. Some like Matangi Resort are more for couples (not necessarily romantic getaways but not dive dedicated like Beqa Lagoon Resort) but we did dive alot with Matangi's house shop.
In all the years of reading dive reports for Fiji in general, I can't recall reading one that said any site was bad or not worth diving.

Btw - the picture under my username in my posts is the lower Bouma Falls. The person in the water, if you can see her, is my wife. The kids hadn't arrived yet and we had the place to ourselves for a couple of hours. I have a some Fiji pics in my SB gallery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom