where to dive at whytecliff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yes its the wall at the walk in campsites, but its not across the bay its right beside you. i would like to do ansell point next weekend anybody have any directions or tips?

Create a new thread for the area and date and time. If I can get the free time I'll take you on the tour. Ansell is right where all the construction starts on the sea to sky, (10 minutes past Horseshoe Bay) and you go over an over pass to get in to the residential area. Go down to the very bottom, under the railroad tracks and you'll see some wood steps, down the steps to the water. Usually 2 trips to take all the gear down.

finally got out to whitecliff did the cut great dive at 120ft some guy with a rebreather passed me that was kinda cool lots more life than porteau have to get out there again sometime soon

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the Islet yet. Go down the left hand wall of Whytecliff bay. Beautiful dive, normally see grunt sculpins, octo's, buffalo sculping, the odd sailfin sculpin, and tons of other life.

Or drive past whytecliff to the next bay and go do lookout. It's another great dive that nobody seems to do. Or if you have lots of air and a good tidal exchange, do lookout express. Go from lookout right into whytecliff bay. Awsome drift dive. 45 mins on a very good exchange. If you miss it, it can be 1:30 easily.

Enjoy.

ya lookout express was awesome! except for the sea blubber that was about 15' above me. Did not know he was there until too late. tentacles all over my face and gear.found out that I was not allergic to one. 80' and buddy had to help get tentacles off my regs. that would make for a cool reg change.lol. apart from that seals, octo, lotsa life along the way. was 1:17 bottom time.did not make the drift but wasn't fighting the whole way.

BC SEAN have you dove the pinnacle past the islet. I have heard of it and that it can be missed easily. I would have to agree that the islet is worth a look. I cant decide which is better. the right side towards the anenome gardens or the islet. they are both so differently awesome.
anyone dove Furry Creek? I have heard of that one but don't know where the parking,entry is.
Les

i have an idea of where to go at furry creek but havent tried it yet if you wanna go we can arrange something its kind of a hike down though

Back
Top Bottom