where to dive at whytecliff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryanmacneil8448:
ok so now everybody has me totaly confused can anybody tell me the best dive from the cut or any other good dive

Well, I described my two favorite dives above. I think the best advice for the moment is to try those (maybe try them in both directions) before you go to the right out of the cut.

The point that some of the others are making is that the dive to the right out of the cut isn't a dangerous as I made it sound. Maybe that's true but there's time enough for that dive once you get comfortable with conditions there.

R..

Diver0001:
Yeah. You're right. The point I was trying to make is to not surface on that side and plan the dive to you swim back around the corner first.

R..

So when can we expect you?

Bill.

Lightning Fish:
So when can we expect you?

Bill.

Maybe next summer. Bruno's coming over here though so my plans are still unclear.

R..

ryanmacneil8448:
ok so now everybody has me totaly confused can anybody tell me the best dive from the cut or any other good dive
It's really not that complicated. You can dive the cut to the right or the left. If you go right, just remember where the exit point is so you don't go past. If you miss the exit point, you will be in for a surface swim which won't be fun if there's a current. So watch the tides as well. If you go to the left, depending on the current, you can go around and come up in the bay or else you can turn around and surface where you started. That's what I'd recommend.

Once you get to Whytecliff it's really easy to understand.

The wall is to your right, you can't miss it, the island is on your left, again you can't miss it.

The cut is just around the corner from the wall, it may be hard to picture in your head, but once you see the area you will understand instantly!

Way easier then finding the wall @ porteau!

i have been to whytecliff didnt see the cut though i will find next time hoping to head out there next weekend did the wall at porteau again bottomed out at 100ft the octopus moved but still found it just took a little longer got lots of pictures of everything i dont think the octopus ones will turn out as it was stuck in the crack i couldnt get it out i threw a dead crab in there and got 1 arm out it was cod today at the wall 12 degrees and because of it i was being a air hog and also fealt very narced but was an awesome dive then we went over to the normal porteau and dove there found the tower of porteau did the grandhull another good dive and more pics i hope they turn out anyways i could type all night but its bed time

ryanmacneil8448:
i have been to whytecliff didnt see the cut though i will find next time hoping to head out there next weekend did the wall at porteau again bottomed out at 100ft the octopus moved but still found it just took a little longer got lots of pictures of everything i dont think the octopus ones will turn out as it was stuck in the crack i couldnt get it out i threw a dead crab in there and got 1 arm out it was cod today at the wall 12 degrees and because of it i was being a air hog and also fealt very narced but was an awesome dive then we went over to the normal porteau and dove there found the tower of porteau did the grandhull another good dive and more pics i hope they turn out anyways i could type all night but its bed time

That is one crazy run on sentence!

I looked around for this wall you speak of, (with Jeremy) the only thing we can find is way the hell out past the campsites, on the west side of the bay. Is that the wall?

This woudl be a long walk followed by a long swim.

yes its a long sentence i was tired. i would be glad to show you were it is

Sure Ryan next time your out let us know and one of us will try to show up. But your speaking of the wall past the walk-in camp sites correct? I would assume you need a dolly to bring your gear down to the end if that is the case.

Back
Top Bottom