where to dive if travel alone to bali , Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lisa_sync, if you want to dive in Bali I highly recommend Padangbai. If you choose a good dive centre then you'll have the dangers mentioned by other replies mitigated (as you'll not be taken to sites you're not prepared for). I dived there with Geko divers and they run a very professional operation (I have no invested interest in the centre other than recognizing their solid operations)

You can read a bit more about Padangbai itself in the thread at http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476401

Cheers
Joao

www.lifesauntering.com - Travel and scuba diving blog with a dash of photography
www.facebook.com/lifesauntering

Lisa_sync, if you want to dive in Bali I highly recommend Padangbai. If you choose a good dive centre then you'll have the dangers mentioned by other replies mitigated (as you'll not be taken to sites you're not prepared for). I dived there with Geko divers and they run a very professional operation (I have no invested interest in the centre other than recognizing their solid operations)

You can read a bit more about Padangbai itself in the thread at Diving in Padangbai review

Cheers
Joao

I like the diving in Padangbai too, only did twice though, saw beautiful dive sites (I would like to dive there again on my next visit to Bali). However back then I experienced strong current, couldn't even stop for taking pictures. Our divemaster told us the current due to full-moon period. I am not sure if Lisa will feel comfortable - as a beginner diver - to dive in the current (although I did drift diving on my first 25 dives and it was good experience) - well, just check the full moon time - usually it is noticeable in Bali, since the villagers usually have full moon ceremony. I think they do it almost every month.

Amed is perhaps calmer..

Oh I do miss Bali when writing this..

Lisa_sync

even as an inexperienced diver! you will really enjoy Bali. Go with a well-established dive centre in Padang Bai or up the coast towards the Liberty Wreck and you will have a great time. With calm conditions, you might be lucky to cross the channel and dive at Manta Point. Make sure you mention to your dive master that you are working on buoyancy, they will be able to help out and set a good example for you to follow.

Last edited:
I haven't gone diving off Bali, but there is GREAT diving off Nusa Lembongan/Pendida and Gili Trawangan. Nusa Lembongan is a short boat ride away from Sanur. The Gilis are a bit longer (3 hours or so).

Hi there

If you have buoyancy problems then Lembongan is truly the very last place to go to just yet. I would fully support the advice to head to the Gili Islands. A good local operator with experienced guides , like Manta Divers will really help you enormously.

Then you can head to Lembongan , which is fabulous but challenging.

Best fishes xxx

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom