Where to dive in and around Sydney

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep us posted and who knows maybe one of us can meet up with you for a dive:)

Bowlofpetunias I agree, Shelly has so much going for it - and let's not forget it has a café for the all-important (to me, anyway) post-dive coffee! :wink:

---------- Post added March 7th, 2014 at 03:18 AM ----------

To the OP, happy travels and feel free to PM me if you want any more info when you get here.

It does get rubbished a lot as a training site, but I can't think of a better place to show off sydney diving as a simple shore dive and bang for buck (apart from the parking fees!). Bare island isn't too bad but it can get very green water and the entry is tricky. the council or a few of the dive shops combine to put in some sea steps.

when the water is full of life there's everything there. also, are the baby whalers still hanging around? I live in Adelaide at the moment.

It does get rubbished a lot as a training site, but I can't think of a better place to show off sydney diving as a simple shore dive and bang for buck (apart from the parking fees!). Bare island isn't too bad but it can get very green water and the entry is tricky. the council or a few of the dive shops combine to put in some sea steps.

when the water is full of life there's everything there. also, are the baby whalers still hanging around? I live in Adelaide at the moment.

I think some divers get put off because they dive the rock wall on the right of the beach. I know we did for the first few dives there and hubby in particular thought it was pretty ordinary. We tend to enter at the boat ramp and head towards Fairy Bower now and that is an amazing dive! Of course it depends on what you want to see! I haven't been able to find the pineapple fish for a while now but know where the ones is at Bare Island.

Bare is a fantastic site but depending on conditions I don't like to take unknown divers there till I get an idea about dive skills.

Adelaide hmmm? so that is why I don't see you around the shop anymore. I miss you :)

I'm about to move to Bangkok for 7+ months for work. I haven't told Dennis yet, he keeps asking when I'll come back to DM again.

but now we are well off topic :D

I like the idea of meeting up for a dive (or more); I'm in the process of finalising arrangements for the trip - as soon as that is done I'll be sending off some PMs. Cheers

Hi Bracko, I haven't seen the whalers for a while but I've heard reports from others that they've been seen in the past few weeks. I agree with you about Freshwater, what an awesome site - just a shame we need slack high tide and flat seas for the entry :depressed:. How's Adelaide for diving?

So thanks to the Aussie contingent for making me feel so welcome, especially Meggie66 and the Manly Prodive team, and I really enjoyed my too few Sydney dives. I hope I can reciprocate should any of you feel the need to get some diving done on this side of the world ...

Sorry I missed out on getting to dive with you:crying2: I knew you would enjoy the site and Meggie66

I was sorry to miss you too, bowlofpetunias; partially because I wanted to use the opportunity to ask if your user name is a reference to the Hitchhikers Guide trilogy ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom