Where to dive in Davao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CLA

Reaction score
Hi again.

One more question for those who have tried diving in Mindanao--- what are the best dive sites in Davao? My friends and I are going this summer and we’ll try to sneak in some diving. We’ll be visiting Pearl Farm so we’ll probably try to dive there. Would you also recommend Samal or Paradise Island? We can only stay for 5 days so we’ll have to choose between Samal/Paradise and CDO white water rafting.

Any suggestions (especially from our Southern Philippines PPD friends)?

Cathy

well, there is a sunken 130 ft japanese freighter at 115ft. Its mast is at 65-90 ft. The wreck is almost in front of Pearl Farm (furthest mooring bouy from the PF jetty). Another wreck 115 ft japanese freighter is lying on its side at 92 ft (nearest bouy from PF jetty). Lastly and perhaps one of the best dives in the gulf of davao is Mansud Wall, currents can be fierced though on this site. It is 30 mins. by banca from PF.

Don't forget to post your pix Cathy.

CLA:
Hi again.

One more question for those who have tried diving in Mindanao--- what are the best dive sites in Davao? My friends and I are going this summer and we’ll try to sneak in some diving. We’ll be visiting Pearl Farm so we’ll probably try to dive there. Would you also recommend Samal or Paradise Island? We can only stay for 5 days so we’ll have to choose between Samal/Paradise and CDO white water rafting.

Any suggestions (especially from our Southern Philippines PPD friends)?

Cathy
at the risk of sounding like a philistine... given a choice between diving or white water rafting i'd raft... especially if it was a wetter part of the year and the rapids are a little more... ummmm... rapid than usual... always wanted to try WWR

my reason is that it's easier to go diving in this country than rafting...

but it's your trip so have fun either way!

Jag

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

Jonix- Yes, I think we will be diving the Pearl Farm house reef because I hear it is “well tended” and already looks like an aquarium now. I hope it will also be good for snorkeling since we’ll have 2 non-divers in the group plus my 10yr old daughter and her friend.

Caloy- I have not heard of Mansud wall but it sounds exciting. What makes it the best dive site in Davao? One of my friends is newly certified. Do you think a new diver can handle it?

Jag- I totally agree with you and even though I love diving, I’d choose WWR over another dive day and am secretly hoping my companions would too.

Actually, happy na ako just to be in durian country.

Cathy

Ps. Yup, will post pics if any are presentable. Problem is, the more time I spend looking at pics over at the UW photo forum and photo galleries, the more embarrassed I feel to post pics. Check out Chris Bangs' “old new pics”. Heart-stopping.

CLA:
Thanks for the quick reply guys.

Caloy- I have not heard of Mansud wall but it sounds exciting. What makes it the best dive site in Davao? One of my friends is newly certified. Do you think a new diver can handle it?

Cathy

Ps. Yup, will post pics if any are presentable. Problem is, the more time I spend looking at pics over at the UW photo forum and photo galleries, the more embarrassed I feel to post pics. Check out Chris Bangs' “old new pics”. Heart-stopping.

Best site? hehe thats what the locals say, I would say maybe. There is also a "Pinnacle Point" dive site in the area of Big Ligid. Here is a site that more or less summarizes diving in davao gulf http://philippinehotel.com/Scuba.html

Post your pix Cathy, they're good as anyone's

Do not expect good dives in front of Pearl Farm. I dove there a month ago. It was the first time I saw a wreck so the 40 US dollars per dive was kinda worth it. There is nothing else to see on the dive. It is about 8 inches of silt. Dont drop your knife. And you can do both wrecks in one dive.

There is some good diving there. Aundanao??? Not sure of the spelling. and Big Ligid.

If you are staying the whole time in Pearl Farm then you will have to dive with Wind and Wave. Ask them about going to these sites. Let me know if you need contact info.

partridge:
Do not expect good dives in front of Pearl Farm. I dove there a month ago. It was the first time I saw a wreck so the 40 US dollars per dive was kinda worth it. There is nothing else to see on the dive. It is about 8 inches of silt. Dont drop your knife. And you can do both wrecks in one dive.

There is some good diving there. Aundanao??? Not sure of the spelling. and Big Ligid.

If you are staying the whole time in Pearl Farm then you will have to dive with Wind and Wave. Ask them about going to these sites. Let me know if you need contact info.
paul! i might be going to gen san in july for work... overnight lang but i might be able to squeeze/force in 1 or 2 dives... think you can hook me up? or at least meet up for me to buy you a beer?

Jag

Cathy, you might want to try white water tubing in Davao. It is in Sibulan, quite far from PF but worth the trip. Long white water rides -- about 1 hour downstream.

There is also a new site for white water rafting, somewhere in Calinan.

Back
Top Bottom