Where to dive in the winter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidPT40

Contributor
Reaction score
I would like to go diving in January. Whats the closest place with warm water (70 degrees +). My guess would be Panama City Fl?

Is it worth the extra distance to go to Southern Florida to dive? Think Southwest Airlines flys to Fort Lauderdale for $130.

DavidPT40:
I would like to go diving in January. Whats the closest place with warm water (70 degrees +). My guess would be Panama City Fl?

Is it worth the extra distance to go to Southern Florida to dive? Think Southwest Airlines flys to Fort Lauderdale for $130.

PC water is 60 degrees right now and will be in the upper 50's by the end of the month. Not bad with a 7mm and hood. Viz is always excellent in PC this time of year and hey, it's lobster season too. Take a gun and a tickle stick with you and have a good time. Make sure you stop at Billy's Oyster Bar.

DavidPT40:

New Horizons is planing a trip to the Fl springs in Jan & Feb

KROBI:
New Horizons is planing a trip to the Fl springs in Jan & Feb

The price on the New Horizons springs diving trip (NO SALT WATER) is $599.00. LMAO, I can only assume that for the price you are staying at a Ritz-Carlton and being chauferred around in a limo and an open bar to boot. Personally once you have done the central springs once or twice, that's enough. They are so dag gone small and boring.

The coast is a little chilly but the water is so clear this time of year and sport fishing and lobster hunting is at it's peak. You can book a trip with Hydrospace including tanks, lead, 3 meals a day and hotel with all taxes and gratuities for around $300.00. That's two days worth of diving and 3 nights at a hotel on the beach.

www.hydrospace.com The Dive Shop

http://mail.beachguide.com/510.asp The Lodging

It's a deal you just can't refuse.

Dinners at Capt. Anderson's one night http://www.captainandersons.com/
and then at Schooners another night. http://www.schooners.com/

Breakfast at Shoney's and lunch on the boat. All boats have heads.

Land Locked:
Hey Kenny,
Any dates on their trips? I'm on vacation 1st week in January,
and desperately wanting some deco R&R!!!
Hey Chris,
I think the dates are Jan 27-30. They did not have the cost yet, but said it would be around $200-$250 includes room air and cost to enter the park. If these dates will not work may be Feb. Im not sure about the dates for Feb.Every day get closer to spring and diving at Joes. Look foward to diving with you soon. Hope you have a good Holiday.
Kenny

My two-part 3mm wetsuit just doesnt keep me warm below 75 degrees for long dives. Think I may wait until march to go down to Florida.

The next time I'm diving in the ocean, I *definately* want to see some sharks. If any of you guys will volunteer to wear a special wetsuit I have designed (its made out of raw meat), I will pay for your airfare/diving costs :)

DavidPT40:
My two-part 3mm wetsuit just doesnt keep me warm below 75 degrees for long dives. Think I may wait until march to go down to Florida.

The next time I'm diving in the ocean, I *definately* want to see some sharks. If any of you guys will volunteer to wear a special wetsuit I have designed (its made out of raw meat), I will pay for your airfare/diving costs
icosm14.gif
Don't make mine fish, can't stand the smell.
The other white meat....your on!

LDC will be heading down to the Ginnie Springs area Feb 17-21. I am sorting out the details right now and I will post them when I have more info. (tonight or tomorrow depends on when I get off my *** and start righting the newsletter)

DavidPT40:

March won't help much if my last trip down there was indicative of typical temps. Dove on the 28th and 29th of March '03 and according to my log book the water temps were 60 to 62 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom