Where to dive in Western Canada?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WonderDog

Registered
Reaction score
Hello. I'm planing a trip from Vancouver up to Anchorage and I would like to fit in a couple dives in along the way. I'm leaving in a week and I would like to know if there is any good spots I need to visit and what kind of water temperatures I'll be looking at (Drysuit required?). I would also like to know if there are any good lake dives in B.C.? Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm pretty sure you will want a dry suit. I'd expect water temps in the upper 40's (or about 7-9 if you are metric)

Dry is nice, but not essential this time of year. Air temps are not too uncomfortable for your SI.

There are loads of places to dive in BC. If you take the ferry across to the Sechelt Peninsula there some great diving there. Check in with Cal and Ann at Porpoise Bay in Sechelt. Great dive op.
Further north in Powell River there are some nice shore dives!

Go over to Vancouver Island for some outstanding diving. Nanaimo has wrecks, Cambell River has walls and Port Hardy has some of the finest diving anywhere around.

The diving in BC will amaze you.

Thanks for the great advice. I really hope my 7mm wetsuit and hood will suffice. I'm use to temps ranging from 50-60's in S. California.

I know some great river drifts in the central interior, but they only get good August/september.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom