Where to dive when in Virginia Beach, Virginia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

undRH2OdivR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi gang
I am planning a trip to Virginia Beach this summer for a wk or two and I would like to get some info as to some of the best divesites, boat dive companys, and the best wrecks to dive in the area. I don't have a lot of diving experience but I am also looking for dive buddies while I am their. I am the only one in my family that dives. I am a 48 yr. old male ( Please don't hold that against me !!! ) I concider myself to be a very responsable diver. any info you may be able to give me would be a big help. and maybe someone can show me where they like to dive.
Thanks for the info.
Eric B.

Hi Rad Diver
I have an OW cert now but will be getting my AOW early spring of 2006. Diving in the winter in Ohio just doesn't happen for me. BRRRRRRRRR!!
Yes I do have ocean diving experience, went to Kona, Hawaii the end of August 2005. I did 2 days of diving and 1 night dive with giant Manta Rays, what a fantastic dive.
What is your cert? And where is it you like to go? I have looked at the wreck of the John Morgan and plan to do some more research on it. If you ever want to Email me you can use UndRH2OdivR@aol.com
http://www.konahonudivers.com/index.shtml this is the dive company I used while I was in Hawaii check it
Later
Eric B.

Dude, at 45 it's just a state of mind, glad to see you are a responsible diver.... I've run across a lot of daredevils. level is divemaster. try obx.com, outerbanksdiving.com, and olympusdiving.com. These 3 are Carlina and are 1 - 4 hours. Cape hatteras is the turning point from 59 and 20 ft vis to 72 and 70 ft vis. Va has good wrecks, the spike, and morgan. look at ldcscuba.com and dive quarter.com. Also check out a dive boat called the flying fish. Great boat and yes they are doing a 2006 dive season folks, they didn't sell it.

The Morgan is a nice dive off of Va beach. I went through Wreckmasters Diving and had no problems. It's at 100 ft with about 10-20 ft vis...

undrh20 I was just checking out this board b/c I have some family in Virginia Beach that convinced me to get into diving (and by convinced I mean my uncle let me breath throug his reg in a 4 foot pool, and I've never been the same), but I too am from Ohio, are you from the Warren in NE or SE Ohio? Let me know when you head down to Va. Beach maybe well catch ya on a weekend I"m visiting family if I dont' see ya around the Buckeye state.

Heh Brutus
I am living in the NE Warren Oh.
Your post sounds good to me. Have you ever done any diving in Lake Erie
We will be doing a couple of the wrecks around Conneaut Oh. ( John B. Lyons, Sunk in 1900) You are welcome to join us when we go The more the merrier.
No I haven't been right since I took my 1st breath off a reg either.
I have this strong desire to get into the water.
This has been a long winter Time to start checking water temp.
I can be Emailed @ undrh2odivr@aol.com
Later
Eric B.

Any divers in Fredericksburg, VA? I drive, dive VA Beach in summer. Have boat, etc. Spearfishing and wrecks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom