Where to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jethroish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Ok, where do you people dive? Louisville is one of a half dozen or so place I have put in transfer requests for. Is diving allowed at any of the state parks? Are there any lakes better than most? We have a camper, so being out a camp ground is preferred.
We are currently in Oklahoma and are used to 10 to 20 vis, 25 foot on the good side.
Any clubs in the Lousiville area?
Thanks

Jethroish:
Ok, where do you people dive? Louisville is one of a half dozen or so place I have put in transfer requests for. Is diving allowed at any of the state parks? Are there any lakes better than most? We have a camper, so being out a camp ground is preferred.
We are currently in Oklahoma and are used to 10 to 20 vis, 25 foot on the good side.
Any clubs in the Lousiville area?
Thanks

In Louisville, most people dive at Joe's Quarry. The vis can be 1ft to 20ft.

Kenny

LexingtonDiver:
Alabama - Florida. Take I-65 South until you hit saltwater.

I like that thinking, but with fuel prices the way they are, that trip would probably not be more than a once a month thing.
What about good places within a couple hours of Louisville? Preferably ones that are not $20 a person.

Joe was charging $15 last year. It's probably only and hour or less from Lousiville. Hey when does Joe open for the season anyway?

PADI Knight:
Joe was charging $15 last year. It's probably only and hour or less from Lousiville. Hey when does Joe open for the season anyway?

I think, the first weekend in May...

Kenny

Well that rules out Blue Springs. How about Hidden Paradise in Indiana?
Welcome to the area, I've only been to Louisville once but it's a beautiful town!
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom