Where to do DM course in Indo or Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spluto

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm looking for recommendations on places to do my divemaster course, preferably in Indonesia but I'm open to suggestions in the Philippines or Malaysia.

My main priorities are...

-Excellent diving!!
-Not crazy expensive
-Some relatively challenging diving conditions (I'd like to get more comfortable in currents, etc.)
-A solid dive shop to do the course with

I'm not looking for a place to party like crazy, so please no one recommend Gili Trawagnan, hehe. For example, I love the sound of Komodo, (but it seems a bit expensive.) Pulau Weh sounds like it could be nice, but I've heard mixed reviews of the diving there in recent years. Banda sounds like it could be great too. I'm comfortable with spending lots of time in relatively remote, less traveled areas, so please don't be shy to recommend more out of the way places.

Thanks in advance for any input! I really do appreciate any advice.

KOMODO!!!!

it has AMAZING diving, enough modern civi that you feel disconnected but not cut off.

don't expect night clubs but there are some bars and very nice places to eat.

I was surprised i found so many novice divers in komodo i was expecting it to be full of pros but you get loads of bali divers fresh out of open water, so good practice.

i love wicked diving as an operation but can't recommend them because of the instructor.

any questions about komodo ask me.

So there is a research station on Hoga island in Indonesia run by Operation Wallacea during the summer. It could be a really great option to learn for your initial DM program or work once you have completed the course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom