Where to eat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey,
you should be back home by now.
Do tell us all about it.................................................................

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cayman-islands/403436-trip-report.html

It was a good trip. Rather rude awakening when we got back ti 15 degree F weather though.

We ate at Cassanovas. Guy Harveys, Paradise Grill, Copper Run, Sunset House.

We found Copper Run and Guy Harveys to be the best of them. Cassanovas had really crappy service and the food was good. I think Copper Run was the best of them all. Sunset house was pretty good. The Indian food was good but I don't really like curry no matter what color it is. Breakfast was with the package so we ate breakfast there every day. Lunch at Sunset house is good. Their burgers are pretty tasty. Dinner was ok.

The Kittiwake was AWESOME

Thanks everyone.

I like Seymours in Boddentown for jerk.
Haven't tied the buffet at Maccabuca but when I was in GC in December, they were setting up so I assume they still offer it.

Two food questions:
1. Care to chime in on your favorite and least favorite Sunday jerk stands? We're staying on the east end and don't mind traveling for the truly special...
2. Does Matacumba still offer a buffet dinner on one day a week?

Thanks!
I can't comment on my favorite jerk stand, but IMO Chester's is the worst. We ate there once and will never go back. The service was slow and both the chicken and the pork lacked flavor and were obviously left over from a previous day. What a total disappointment. The best thing about Chester's is the "Buy 1 Jerk Get 1 Free" sign, but you can see that driving by.

Sorry, Rankins, not Chesters

The best thing about Chester's is the "Buy 1 Jerk Get 1 Free" sign, but you can see that driving by.

Never eaten there but drove by way too many times not to finally stop and take a photo.

jerk.jpg

A tasty lunch for $8 or so can be had at Dragon Garden No. 2 in Regency Court on West Bay Road if you like Chinese food.

Chester's is usually pretty good for jerk pork & jerk chicken; billinwilliamston must have hit it on a bad day.

I like Chester's as well. I've gotten take out jerk chicken from there twice and been happy with the meal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom