Where to go during November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a quick add on as I've come a bit late to this thread - I just wanted to say from October onwards Bohol, Siquijor and Dumaguete are rarely affected by typhoons (to be honest where we are in the world means that we hardly ever get typhoons here anyway, only the tail ends) and the visibility is great. Malapascua and Moal Boal have some really great dives (threshers and sardines - much better than Bohol) - a good dive shop scuba dive philippines | dive resort philippines | thresher sharks, however I wouldn't necessaryily spend all my holiday there. They are close though to Cebu and Dumaguete if you wanted more variety....

Lembeh is great for critters although I am not sure about visibility etc at that time of year.... hope this is a little bit helpful!

Agreed with Atmosphere. The Visayas does not have the same typhoon activity as Northern Philippines and the reality is that they can happen any time of year but rarely do with any impact on diving in this area. I also agree that if you're making the effort to come all the way to this area for a dive holiday Bohol is not the best option.Bohol is 2 hours from Cebu. An extra 90 minutes travel puts you in Malapascua which has the best beach / dive combo in the region or maybe country (cue heated discussion!!), or an extra 2 hours travel puts you in Dauin for great muck diving and Apo Island.Just throwing a spanner in the works!

Well one could just easily fly Manila-Tagbilaran (Bohol) and have no need to go to Cebu, but I agree with you Malapascua is the best dive destination in the Philippines

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom