where to go for great diving + exploring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Virgogirl22

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My boyfriend and I are trying to figure out where we should go to spend a week in early December to do a bunch of diving and get a dose of culture at the same time. We've done the dive-your-brains-out thing for the last couple trips, so this time we want to be able to do some hiking, exploring, etc... as well. But we're unsure where to go. Since we will be in Florida the week before, the Caribbean/Central America would be convenient. We don't want touristy spots (Coz/Caymans/etc) and have been to Roatan, Belize, Jamaica, Puerto Rico. So far, places I've been thinking about include Costa Rica (but not amazing diving from what I've heard?), Panama (mixed reviews on the diving there too), Saba (sounds amazing if we're ok with no beaches!), Dominica, Turks & Caicos, and Guatemala. There are so many places to go! If you have any recommendations, please let me know! Thanks so much :)

Back
Top Bottom