Where to go on from Dahab?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

correct, ocdiver! I meant to convey that unless you can spring for a liveaboard that ventures into Sudan, we would definitely not recommend venturing there on your own... at least at this time. Rather pick another region of Egypt or head up to Aqaba in Jordan as an alternative.

Thanks Samaka, I actually was booked to go on a liveaboard to southern,but my friend pulled out and we're going to wait until we can do it together. I am definitely going to Dahab again and then to Nuweiba, but instead of flying home from Cairo I'm looking into a week in Malta or Oman. Diving is never cheap! Any other suggestions most welcome. PS I like a good mix of everything!

---------- Post Merged at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Do you guys know much about Taba? Sounds great, do you know if the easiest way home (London) is from Israel? Bit nervous of getting an Israeli stamp in my pp with all the middle east travelling I like to do.

I'm sure that you could get a return flight from Sharm to London for both these destinations.

Ras Mohamed National Park and the Tiran Strait reefs are great. There is an excellent liveaboard that operates there and is only 890 euros for a week. As well as seeing Ras Mohamed’s iconic sites and the best of Tiran reefs when all the day-trip boats have gone, you get several dives on the Thistlgorm, one of the best wreck dives in the world and, weather permitting, other wrecks like the Carnatic and Giannis D. These are the people I organised my trip with:VIP One liveaboard - Indigo Safaris

Do you guys know much about Taba? Sounds great, do you know if the easiest way home (London) is from Israel? Bit nervous of getting an Israeli stamp in my pp with all the middle east travelling I like to do.

Easiest way home from that part of Egypt is Sharm. Easyjet, Egyptair, loads of charters all direct flights. Taba is limited to a few charters a few days a week. Its certainly not easier via Israel where you have even less choice and a much further distance to travel to get to an airport.

SSH airport is under an hour from Dahab and only about 1h45 from Nuweiba so its no big deal.

If you have weight issues with lots of dive kit consider Egyptair as they give 2 x 23kg hold baggage as part of the ticket so an work out cheaper than others by the time you factor in excess/hold chargers etc.

Israeli customs will not stamp your passport if you request so, you are not the only one asking for this and they are used to it, instead they staple a blank sheet of paper to one of the pages.

Israeli customs will not stamp your passport if you request so, you are not the only one asking for this and they are used to it, instead they staple a blank sheet of paper to one of the pages.

...but if coming to/from Egypt still have the clearly marked Taba Land entry and/or exit stamp. And theres only one place you can go to by land from Taba and that's Israel. Some middle east countries are now looking for this instead to prove you've been there.
Also heard a few people complain recently that the Israeli Eilat attitude was "if you dont want my stamp in your passport you're not coming into the country" and refusing to grant a visa.

In either case there are far more flight options from Sharm than Eilat (and Tel Aviv is a long way away).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom