Where to go? Solo diver wants to know.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hapadiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for a place to go diving for about a week. I'd like to go to a place where it's OK to be traveling on your own -- easy to meet people and find young, fun people to dive with.

I hate stuffy resort towns. Loved Utilla but want to go somewhere new. Don't have enough time to head to Asia. Anyone have any suggestions for Central America or the Caribbean?

Heard Bonaire was nice, but it seems like the kind of place that is better with friends. Anyone have advice?

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums.

I know how you feel. I'm not as developed as you, but I do a lot of trips alone. Hope our paths cross sometime...

don

:D

hapadiver:
I'm looking for a place to go diving for about a week. I'd like to go to a place where it's OK to be traveling on your own -- easy to meet people and find young, fun people to dive with.

I hate stuffy resort towns. Loved Utilla but want to go somewhere new. Don't have enough time to head to Asia. Anyone have any suggestions for Central America or the Caribbean?

Heard Bonaire was nice, but it seems like the kind of place that is better with friends. Anyone have advice?

Grand Cayman, Cayman Dive Lodge, http://www.caymandivelodge.com/. So completely unstuffy. Probably my favorite place on Earth. (whimper, whimper, I miss it soo.) All inclusive, so relaxing, less than 20 rooms, all food included - it was really good. As for the diving, I have been there twice and it was unbelievable both times. Amazing viz and such a wide variety of dive types, walls that go on forever, fabulous swim throughs, I really can't say enough about it.

I always meet nice people of all ages there. I am 38 and have partnered up with people older and younger. But then, I always meet the nicest people while diving.

Hope this helps.

I'll second the vote for Grand Caymen. I haven't been diving in a fraction of the places you have hapadiver, but in my book Caymen is a great dive destination. Excellent diving, lots of choices for dive ops, and plenty of nondiving activities to boot. What sort of places qualify as "stuffy resort towns" to you?

If you are looking to hook up with other single divers I would probably stay away from Caymen Dive Lodge, which was suggested in the previous post. One of the attractions of CDL is that it's a small property and is relatively isolated (read quiet and relaxing). Although the accomodations and the diving are first rate, I doubt that you would be likely to bump into many other single divers here. IMHO you would be better off going with one of the resorts closer to Georgetown where there are more people in general and certainly larger numbers of divers. If I were in your shoes I would probably consider either Sunset House or one of the major SMB hotel properties.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom