Where to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Lee, thanks for the links but none of them worked for me. I remember looking into diving around ATL and there was some lake diving around Charleston but I don't remember seeing ocean diving.

Greetings Catone this is just my opinion but if I was two or three dives away from finishing my Cavern I would put that on the list of dives to do.
Entirely up to you but that being said you could hook up with your instructor finish Cavern and then whip out Intro and use the vacation to move closer to your Full cave cert.

I am a Intro level cave diver currently gaining some experience and moving into the Apprentice / Full Cave in the spring. I am trying to keep on track with a healthy progression to keep training fresh and practical. I am not a big zero to hero guy but it works for some. It would depend on the Instructor and how many training days.

November is awesome in cave country, few bugs, springs are not all that crowded, and the wind can blow all it wants! No waves to keep you ashore! Just my thoughts.
It would be very tough decision for me cause I am crazy for getting on a live aboard.
Good luck and let us know what you decide!

CamG Keep diving....Keep training....Keep learning!

Greetings Catone this is just my opinion but if I was two or three dives away from finishing my Cavern I would put that on the list of dives to do.
Entirely up to you but that being said you could hook up with your instructor finish Cavern and then whip out Intro and use the vacation to move closer to your Full cave cert.

The Cavern cert will be done by the end of this month at Vortex and Morrison. :D
So far I'm most attracted to the liveaboard idea, perfect timing, lots of diving and within budget. Then I can move towards Full Cave, but I'd like to finish Advanced Nitrox/Deco before that. That is, if I have the money ... :)

Cancun might be a good option. Check out Travelocity. If you go with a friend and share a hotel room, you can fly non-stop on AirTran, and stay at a nice hotel for 4 nights for $400-450 each. Add the OW or Cavern diving at about $200-300 per day and you'll have money left over!

Greetings once again and you are very correct, you will need to have Adv. Nitrox / Deco. before you get much further. Check with your instructor but I think you need it for App. / Full. It might be INtro. I can not remember at this time.
It sounds like you are ready to roll!
Now it is time to spread the live a board envy!
Have loads of fun and report on your experience.

Thanks everybody, after days of pondering options I finally made up my mind, I will be going on my first liveaboard, yay!! It will be Blackbeard, Oct 30 through Nov 5, off of Nassau.

From what I read here, I need to travel light, just a a pair of shorts (or two), a couple of t-shirts, some water shoes, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, a light jacket, 2-3 towels, dry bag, my gear with maybe a spare mask, camera/phone plus chargers, cash for tips and maybe other expenses, some bandaids, motrin, neosporin, toothpaste, toothbrush, floss, soap, shampoo, razor, deodorant, maybe some books. Am I missing anything? Or is that too much already?

Hey Catone I would through in some Bonine just in case! I have never been sorry for having it on hand. If not for you then for someone else who would be interested in being a good dive buddy.
I would take spare batteries or put new ones in your dive computer if it has been awhile. Spare mask / mask strap is always good.
A camera so you can share your experience with all of us! I am not kidding!

Have a blast my friend and safe diving / travel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom