Where to honeymoon in PI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A real good idea, to go celebrate your honey moon...
go to Pandan, Antique... to Phaidon Beach Resort
a real quiet and undisturbed place...
close to airports, white unspoiled beaches, a lot of activities beside scuba...
like mountain trekking, rain forest, waterfalls, caves, river cruising and many more to see.
Dive sites are close from Beginner up to ...
and at least an excellent international Restaurant

"where the mountains meets the white beach" at the hidden paradise

antiquediver

Benny,

I noticed nobody has mentioned my beloved Moalboal in Cebu!!!

In Moalboal you can choose from the lower or higher end of the market regarding hotels but thatÃÔ based on your own personal choice and what you want. There are variety of restaurants here and the food served is varied from freshly cooked seafoodÃÔ, Philippino dishes, bbqs, Italian...the list goes on.

As for the diving here... it's great for the learner and for the more experienced. The majority of dive sites are all within a 15 minute boat ride, good visibility and lots of stuff to see.

When your not diving... you can take a short ride to white beach to catch some sun and swim, you can go to the beautiful kasawan falls, play a round of golf but if your more adventurous there is river climbing, mountain biking, horse riding, caving etc...

Any help needed... drop me a line

Cheers

Carl

My wife & I have been celebrating our 10 year anniversary with 3 different trips. Our 3rd trip was to Dusit Thani Manila for 1 night, Club Paradise Palawan for 5 days, Amanpulo for 5 days, and back to the Dusit in Manila for 1 day & night. I highly recommend the service, ambiance, and food at the Dusit.

Club Paradise (Dimakya Island) has beautiful beaches, some hiking trails including the panoramic scenic Eagles Point. They also have day tours. If you're used to gourmet big city food, then the food is good but not fantastic. Of course, the fruit in PI is great everywhere. The House reef is very nice (colorful soft corals, large green turtles, large cuttlefish, rays, fifefish, anemones, clownfish, plus the usual tropical suspects). HOWEVER, they only make boat trips if there are enough divers, so you may need to socialize with and organize the other guests if you have a particular dive site you want to visit. While I was there, the Kyokuzan Maru was the popular wreck which they went to twice. They usually do 2 dives at this wreck with at least a 2 hour surface interval because both dives are deep. One can also choose to dive the reefs near the wreck if you've already done the wreck. They have a whiteboard on which you can write your requested dive sites, then other guests can also write their names in if they are interested.

If the sky is the limit regarding price, then your bride-to-be, like all women including my wife and Live-in-Sin, will absolutely love Amanpulo. There are many pristine beaches in PI, but Amanpulo is surreal. Definitely opt for the beach casitas or villas. The villas include a private pool. You get a private golf cart and also bicycles if you wish. We had a wedding vow renewal ceremony just before sunset on the beach, complete with flowers and a guitarist, followed by romantic BBQ cooked by a private chef and served by a private waiter. They surprised us with roses in our room when we returned. There were also rose petals sprinkled all over the bed in a pattern, on the floor and in the hot bath which they had drawn. They must have timed the bath water with our departure from the BBQ.

Ok, Amanpulo (Pamalican Island) is definitely unforgettable especially for the fairer sex. However, the diving is strictly beginner and with limited options. There are annual weather patterns with high winds or likelihood of monsoons. You're planning your honeymoon in Jan, but there tends to be high winds around Pamalican Island Jan & Feb when diving is usually restricted to the House Reef and Pier area (giant green turtles, batfish, surgeonfish, nudibranch, sea cucumbers, parrotfish, eel, balloonfish, rays, lionfish, shrimp, clownfish, anemones, crown-of-thorns). The other side of Pamalican Island has more developed reefs, but are off limits when the winds are too high. The best time of year for diving at Amanpulo is in Apr & May when the weather is the calmest. The service is world class and all the food is at least good, but IMO only some of the food is top tier gourmet quality. However, if you request that the food be seasoned to your taste, they accommodate perfectly. I requested low salt in some dishes and my wife requested the spicy dishes to be milder. As beautiful as the pictures are on the website, the surreal beauty and sense-of-being-in-paradise is transcendent when you are actually there. Of course, it helps to be seeing everything through the rose-colored glasses of 2 people in love.
03.gif

Thanks for the great info. I was curious how you found the service and food at club paradise - from what I've read here and other places it seems to be lacking compared to El Nido. We are leaning towards Manilioc which seems to have the nicer beach and the advantadge of being a little cheaper.

We will check out the Dusit. How many days do you recommend in Manilla for basic sight seeing? We will be coming from China so jet lag won't be an issue. We were thinking a few days in Manilla and then out to Palawan (once the high season rates for x-mas dropped!) so something like 8-10 days...

Thanks for all the great tips from all...

bg

depends on what you want to do. I'd reserve a morning to go around intramuros. Then reserve an afternoon to do shopping maybe at greenhills. You can also checkout mall of asia and have dinner there at a "dampa" (buy at market, restaurant cooks). Dusit is located right across from ayala center (shopping mall) and close to greenbelt for drinks and hanging out.

Is that 8-10 days total? To be honest, I'd just spend as much time in El Nido as I could.

edit: ^^^^ Pelagicus just gained entry into the post of the year awards. Great post! ^^^^

Although we had excellent service at Club Paradise and the live entertainment was talented, I would agree with chip104 and paolov on their El Nido recommendation. My wife & I also considered El Nido, but chose Club Paradise because it was closer to Coron for diving and the hot springs. At Club Paradise, the mattress, furniture, and bathroom are not as upscale as you may want for a honeymoon. Everything in the cottage was starting to have a worn-out feel. The travel site reviews seem to agree with chip104, paolov, & me that El Nido is nicer. However, El Nido is also pricier.

As for how much time to spend in Manila, someone else will have to help you there. We only went to the nearby shopping malls and didn't do any real sight seeing except for getting glimpses of all the shanty towns where the millions of poor are living :depressed: and checking out all the Jeepneys. :cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom