Where to polish SS backplate GTA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't start with sandpaper.
Orbital sander will make a circular pattern that you will have to buff out.
Use a green scratch pad by hand for a simple finish, or fine 'scuffing pads' for a brighter finish. These can be found in haedware a store.
Use in the same direction to create a 'grain'.
If you want a mirror finish and are willing to spend $, have it electropolished.
Merry Christmas, if you celebrate.

Chrismas is for everyone, who cares if people celebrate or not

Here is how it goes, okay you experiment, but you don't start with 240 unless you want to be there for
four years or five as you will be able to polish over 240 scratches but they will still be, to the observant

orbi squiggles are difficult to remove use water use wet and dry

ebay is your good friend start with fine paper and see how long it will take to polish maybe go coarser

007.JPG

Look at how coarse 240 next to some used 1500 is use that for lumps and bumps after you hit them
with a file electric or air or all you will do is create an indent around the lump a moat and that is bad

009.JPG

Go in shallow with your polisher, and yeah a bench grinder buffer thing is great, for almost the entire process

To get to this piece of absolute magnificence I received unpolished from our Mr Eric and modified extensively

61 070.JPG

Merry Christmas dudes, esses, and I'm a Muslim ha ha ha ha ha, if you celebrate, who put those ideas in your head

Right, now back to cleaning the windows with car polish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom