Where to service gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil_218

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It's time for me to have my reg and bcd serviced and I'm looking for the best place to send them. I need an Aqua Lung dealer and I've checked their website to see which stores are in the area, but I'd like to hear what your experiences and suggestions would be.

I'm willing to ship my equipment wherever they need to go, which due to my location I'd probably be doing anyway, so distance isn't a concern.

What LDS have you used for equipment service that you'd recommend due to high quality, cost, and turn around time?

Thanks,

Phillip

Please provide your location, you profile says South West Texas. I assume you are in the El Paso to Pecos Area, correct? I know of very good shop in Austin that services Aqualung.

No, I'm not that far west. Store distance doesn't matter for my situation as I plan on shipping the equipment regardless. My main concern is finding a shop which offers a high quality and customer satisfaction, followed by turn-around time then price.

I'm hoping to get opinions from those not associated directly with any store, other than being a customer, just to keep things honest.

Thanks.

I would say Tom's Dive & Swim in Austin, TX. They have top notch service. I don't own any Aqualung equipment, but they have been quick and resonable on tank VIPs, fills, and hydros. I do know a lot of people with Aqualung gear, and I have not heard of an issue with Tom's. In scuba you know of bad issues because they are first to spread.

I will second Tom's. I have had my wife's reg serviced there and the service was quick, fair prices and most important, no issues after the servicing.

I would also not hesitate to use Oakhill Scuba but they are really backed up right now.

if you are going to ship them, scubatoys in dallas is a great choice. they're not just an online store, they also do VIP, O2 cleaning, and reg service for most brands. $50 gets your full setup serviced (first, primary, octo, SPG) plus return shipping! it might even be worth a drive, maybe not with gas prices what they are (unless you want to dive CSSP and athens while you're up there, too!)

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/regs/regrepair.asp

if you are going to ship them, scubatoys in dallas is a great choice. they're not just an online store, they also do VIP, O2 cleaning, and reg service for most brands. $50 gets your full setup serviced (first, primary, octo, SPG) plus return shipping! it might even be worth a drive, maybe not with gas prices what they are (unless you want to dive CSSP and athens while you're up there, too!)

Scuba Regulator Repair - Scuba Annual Service

Do not follow this advice, scubatoys does not sell Aqualung, nor can they service them. They can not get the rebuild kits needed for your first and second stages. Even they can service it, you will void your warranty.

Scuba Regulator Repair - Scuba Annual Service

Once again you post misinformation. Go to Scubatoy's web site and search on Aqualung and you would realize that they don't carry or service this product. Scubatoy's is a very reputable shop and they don't need you making incorrect recommendations for them.

PLEASE get your information correct before you post, you continue to post misinformation on the board. Divers look to this forum for accurate and correct information yet you continue to post erroneous information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom