Question Where to source scrubber?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually order from SubGravity these days, or occasionally from a local shop when they get some in. Order 3-4 kegs from SubGravity on backorder and they will ship it when they get a shipment in.

DGX has sorb in stock and $50 cheaper. Even paying for shipping you come our ~$25 ahead.

The final shipped cost difference comparing them for me is about $2.50 . Cheapest DGX shipping is UPS ground for $43.46. So rather support other dive shops (DGX still gets plenty of my money lol), for a negligible price differenc.

I know I can order from DiveGearExpress, but I was wondering if there were any other options out there. Thanks in advance!
I'm not in the States but over here it's pretty pricey to buy single kegs too. Especially the shipping is brutal. Most people I know do group orders were they buy several pallets at once and split them up in somebody's driveway. I think I paid 60 or 80 bucks below retail price per 20 kg keg mostly because pallets shipping is so much cheaper than shipping 20 kg boxes.

DGX has sorb in stock and $50 cheaper. Even paying for shipping you come our ~$25 ahead.

Cool. I just know we have it in stock and are happy to ship. If it is cheaper at DGX then no issues. We are west coast based so for lots of west coast folks it ends up being cheaper to order from us. It is all good.

The profit margin on absorbent is pretty much negligible. It is something we sell and will continue to sell so we can support our clients and past students. If it can be found cheaper elsewhere then I would recommend jumping on the deal. No one is getting rich selling absorbent.

For once it’s both available and cheaper in the UK - £76+vat

Or for European divers, it’s €106+vat/tva/btw

Also helps if you run a Revo which consumes half or less Sofnolime than most other rebreathers 😎

Cool. I just know we have it in stock and are happy to ship. If it is cheaper at DGX then no issues. We are west coast based so for lots of west coast folks it ends up being cheaper to order from us. It is all good.

The profit margin on absorbent is pretty much negligible. It is something we sell and will continue to sell so we can support our clients and past students. If it can be found cheaper elsewhere then I would recommend jumping on the deal. No one is getting rich selling absorbent.
Same here, he is telling the 100% truth.

Same here, he is telling the 100% truth.
Here in Brazil is the same. There is a local source who makes for medical use, and produces a 2mm for the navy, and is available for civilians (an independent capnografy study just finds that Sodasorb, Sofnolime a the local Astrasorb have little difference between), so it's cheaper than import
But none gets profit selling any brand, is just for keep the clients diving. And it's usual to buy online and send to the location when travelling within the country

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom