Where to stay in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carib Inn is an excellent choice. I dove with Ralph. He's got a german accent, very layback, the only person I know on the island diving with a hood, and very knowledgeable about sea life especially for the small ones. He's really cool.

That is really great to know. THANKS!

Melissa,
although we didn't stay at the Carib Inn we did dive with them. Only dove once with Ralph but you will love the people. Gary and Linda were my favorites but I am sure you can't go wrong. Top notch operation. Wish I was heading back , left on 18th of march. Unsure of when we'll return but I am always plotting. Hoping maybe going back solo this fall, if I do Carib Inn would be high on my list to Dive with but then again I am sure they all would be :)

Melissa,

Don't go to Belmar Apartments. It has an on site dive shop. A very easy entry off the dock. A pool and large poolside area. All the rooms have fantastic ocean views and a kitchen to make the breakfast and lunches (and dinners if you so decide). The problem with you going there in June (at least between the 13th and 21st) is that I'll be there with my 13 year old daughter. The last thing we need is couple of other teenage boys for her to "hang out" with. I'm there to dive, dive, dive and she is part of the plan. Don't want to hear "I'll sit this one out, I'm hanging out with my 2 new friends from Colorado". Ben in Baltimore

Melissa,

Don't go to Belmar Apartments. It has an on site dive shop. A very easy entry off the dock. A pool and large poolside area. All the rooms have fantastic ocean views and a kitchen to make the breakfast and lunches (and dinners if you so decide). The problem with you going there in June (at least between the 13th and 21st) is that I'll be there with my 13 year old daughter. The last thing we need is couple of other teenage boys for her to "hang out" with. I'm there to dive, dive, dive and she is part of the plan. Don't want to hear "I'll sit this one out, I'm hanging out with my 2 new friends from Colorado". Ben in Baltimore

I love it!!!! :rofl3: Your daughter will be safe.. We will be in Curacao from the 17th- 22nd, before we fly into Bonaire..... so you will be leaving the day before we get there.. Bummer.. it would actually be great to have my boys meet a few new friends that dive that are their age. As well as hubby and I having adult friends that have kids that dive... So far they have only dove with adults.

Have a great trip Ben.. Thanks for the giggles~!

Thanks Dan.. I have spent a little time there reading...("lurking")!
What a great resource!

Melissa - check out memberhip for BT - not costly and you can stop lurking and start posting. But beware - it is addicting!!!!! lol

Melissa -

I see you've already booked... but thought I'd offer my two cents in case someone else is looking for the same information.... I echo Pembina's advice... we spent a week with Kenny and Moo at Coral Paradise just 3 weeks ago. They were absolutely fabulous hosts and the rooms are really nice. When (not if :wink:) we return, we'll be staying with them again. You come as guests and leave as friends.

Other important stuff - the food... as far as restaurants go - The Bistro de Paris has the best burgers and Lion's Den has a different food theme every night (Tuesday is Lobster night, Wednesday is Southwest night, Friday is Shrimp night, can't remember the rest) and was really nice (if a bit pricey).

Have a fabulous trip!

Melissa -

I see you've already booked... but thought I'd offer my two cents in case someone else is looking for the same information.... I echo Pembina's advice... we spent a week with Kenny and Moo at Coral Paradise just 3 weeks ago. They were absolutely fabulous hosts and the rooms are really nice. When (not if :wink:) we return, we'll be staying with them again. You come as guests and leave as friends.

Other important stuff - the food... as far as restaurants go - The Bistro de Paris has the best burgers and Lion's Den has a different food theme every night (Tuesday is Lobster night, Wednesday is Southwest night, Friday is Shrimp night, can't remember the rest) and was really nice (if a bit pricey).

Have a fabulous trip!

Thank you! I have a feeling we will be going back.. so I will check out Coral Paradise while we are there... For our next trip... :D Thanks for the food tips too!!

I was on Bonaire 3/21-28/09 and wanted to add to this for future readers. I stayed at the Plaza Resort and would not go back. It was merely "ok". One ridiculous customer service gaffe after the next, the worst being them closing the back gate by our villa requiring us to walk about 3 miles every day getting back and forth from the parking/dive shop area. It's a big resort, this was a bummer. The rooms were "ok" and the bathrooms were really shabby, including a tub leak requiring us to mop our floors after every shower. The only shining point was Toucan Divers, the on site shop. They were great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom