Where to stay in Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMdoogie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I know I can get some good advice in this forum. We are planning a Palau trip next year, one week on the Aggressor, with a week in a hotel. We've stayed in the Palau Pacific before and are looking for a place a little less expensive. What would you recommend. We would like to have shore diving there and a dive shop and kayaks availible, like the PPH if possible. Any ideas?
Thanks,
DMdoogie

We stayed at West Plaza Malakal. The hotel is nothing special, but the rooms are clean. It isn't on the water, but it is a short walk (5 min) to Sam's Tours which has diving right in front, as well as a Kayak shop. Additionally, Sam's has a complimentary shuttle service that you can use anytime if you don't feel like walking.

Here's my recommendation: Waterfront villa has clean rooms w/ wireless internet and breakfeast included starting at $62.50 per night. The owner, Arnold, can get you access to the facilities of Palau Pacific Resort, (for beach diving, tanning, whatever) for either free, $12.50, or $25.00 per day, depending on the mood of PPR.

Dive shops will pick you up from Waterfront. Kieth, as mentioned above, is world class. His full name is Kieth Santilliano, and his website is Dive Palau - Welcome to diving paradise!. Sam's Tours is also great if you want a bigger organization. Or you can go with Splash, which operates out of PPR. Neco's is Ok also. Kieth or Splash may have the best deals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom