Where would you go for a week of shore diving in FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I really want to see if I can get some recommendations on where it would be best to plan a week long vacation somewhere in Florida where there is good shore diving. I've gone through most of the thread that gives all of the differens shore diving spots, but they are more factual and detail oriented.

Would be me and my non-Diving girlfriend, but I would like to dive almost every day of the trip so I am looking for the place that has the best shore diving and wouldn't be too boring for the GF. First thought was Pompano Beach, seems like there are several good shore dives around there, but also considering Hollywood/Lauderdale area, as there seems to be more to do on the non-diving side in that area.

Anyone have other ideas or input?

Thanks

It's all Broward and it's all close, stay somewhere in the middle and drive a few minutes each way.

I really want to see if I can get some recommendations on where it would be best to plan a week long vacation somewhere in Florida where there is good shore diving. I've gone through most of the thread that gives all of the differens shore diving spots, but they are more factual and detail oriented.

Would be me and my non-Diving girlfriend, but I would like to dive almost every day of the trip so I am looking for the place that has the best shore diving and wouldn't be too boring for the GF. First thought was Pompano Beach, seems like there are several good shore dives around there, but also considering Hollywood/Lauderdale area, as there seems to be more to do on the non-diving side in that area.

Anyone have other ideas or input?

Thanks

Pompano Beach has shore diving.

Ft lauderdale also.

A great book is Underwater Florida. List a pile of locations. There is also an IPhone App called Dive Sites.

Contact E-Force Dive shop for additional info.

A great shore dive is Blue Heron Bridge. But is a tidal site. Recommend diving it only 30-45 minutes before high tide.

E-Force as well as other sites have tide charts for the Port of Palm Beach.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BHB is not the best place for the GF to be sitting by herself, just sayin'.

More helpful than tflaris' suggestions is the guide to beach diving locations that can be purchased at any Broward dive shop.

Bottom line: in Broward, you can shore dive anywhere that you can legally park.

Something I've recommended to several visitors is to hook up with the Gold Coast SCUBA Meetup. The first week or two are free and they are the friendliest group of avid shore divers around. Give them a call and get the straight scoop. Many, many have thanked me for this referral (and I get no compensation for it, just the knowledge that I've made someone happy). :)

Thanks! Going to check out a few of those references but seems like that Group will be a great resource, plus hopefully hook me up with a buddy to dive with.

Is there any shore diving in the keys? The reading I've done thus far doesn't lead me to believe there is. . . I've dove Largo on a boat before, same with Pompano and WPB/Riviera.

The common answer for shore diving in the Keys is "no".

In reality, you can put on a mask and fins anywhere you can park, but it will be uber-shallow and you won't really see much.

Definitely check out Gold Coast, MANY ScubaBoarders are members, it's a great group and very helpful and friendly. You know you will want to buddy with an experienced local.

I hope to do a more shore diving down there this coming summer. A few years ago there were great deals on one week stays around Hibiscus with kitchen's and fridges.

I have lots of vacation time and would be willing to help out a fellow Scubaboardian. Let me know the dates and times you will be diving and I will drive down. I can keep your girlfriend company while you shore dive. SB's peeps are just good like that...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom