Where would you go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wijbrandus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Picture this situation.

You've got a budget of about 3 grand, not counting air fare.

You want to take your woman somewhere special, romantic, and yet be able to dive. You are both amateurs.

She doesn't like kids. At all.

Where would you go in the Caribbean, and how would you maximize your dollar value? An all-inclusive? What island is the best for a week long stay?

I've done searches on specific islands and resorts. I'm now curious what other people have done, what they thought, and how they liked it.

ronrosa once bubbled...
Jalousie Hilton or Anse Chastanet in St. Lucia.

If you want romance I would say that the most romantic setting I have ever been in is the Anse Chastanet on St. Lucia. No kids. Decent diving. Very tropical.

There are lots of places with better diving but if you throw the romance card it takes away the best diving unless your idea of romance is two hammocks on a deserted beach and not much else (Little Cayman), or you have the budget to rent your own house for a week (TCI), or you find Cozumel romantic (its a lot of things . . . but romantic?).

Good Luck!

the only way to go is to rent a house right on the beach some where. don't care where... (well i do) but any of those places are fine. for 3k that'll get your housing done. may be cheaper considering you'll only have a 1 or 2 bdrm sitch...

that way there will be no kids...and you're on your own schedule. all these places that have rental properties no people who cook. so you can hire one of them as well for about 50 a day for the both of you. or you can go to the grocery store where ever you'll be staying.

i've been to ambergris, grand cayman, and coz...

it's a tough call depending on what you guy's are going to be doing...i'm assuming since you're posting here you dive :confused:

so any of these aforementioned places are unique in their own special ways. :D

a different mindset for me...i also hate kids while on vacation...and hate most people for that matter. :eek:

that is why i stay away from the over touristy places at each destination. so if seclusion is what you want, than that is what i suggest.

"You want to take your woman somewhere special, romantic, and yet be able to dive. You are both amateurs."

If you want the best diving for "amateurs" I would say Bonaire.
If you want romantic also, and have 3000.00 to spend, I would pick the Plaza Resort and take the Ocean FRONT not ocean view suites.
They are off on their own, very quiet, diving right out the door, and romantic.
Great resort. Nicest beach and sand in Bonaire.
www.plazaresortbonaire.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom