where would you live if you couldnt dive anywhere else

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lermontov

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
if you had to pick a place to live and couldnt dive anywhere else where would it be? -lets say you can go to within a days drive travel range from where you choose - what are your reasons for choosing

Sydney, great shore diving, great boat diving. Can dive in the harbour within view of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge and see amazing things like sea horses, anglerfish and more.

Seychelles for me, bit of everything in warm waters that are generally reasonably calm all year long

Indonesia for me, either Bali or North Sulawesi if I have to be specific.

if you had to pick a place to live and couldnt dive anywhere else where would it be? -lets say you can go to within a days drive travel range from where you choose - what are your reasons for choosing
How about domestic/international flight and ferry?
If I am not allowed to travel to another country to dive then I will probably forget diving completely.

Florida

Tulum / Florida / Indonesia / Thailand / Oz hard to beat in terms of cave + ocean life

UK?

Thousands of wrecks to choose from at all depths. Massive battleships in Scapa Flow. Plenty of other types of diving. If you like wrecks, you'll be spoilt for choice. Do need a drysuit though :)

Some of the wrecks on 30 miles of the south coast... Not sure if other places have that many wrecks to choose from courtesy of a couple of world wars and poor GPS and radar coverage 100 years ago.
WRECKSITE_-_Beachy_Head_to_Dungeness.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom